Lastest News & Soap Buzz
Shelly Altman & Jean Passanante Share Thoughts On Being First GH Female Head Writers In Over a Decade!
ABC recently named Shelly Altman and Jean Passanante as co-head writers of General Hospital replacing Ron Carlivati. This marks the first time since back in 2002 that a head writing team for the 52-year-old soap is women. Over the last several years the reins of the writing of GH have been handled by men including: Bob Guza and Chuck Pratt Jr., Bob by himself, Garin Wolf, who was also later joined by Shelly Altman for several months as co-head scribes, and then for the last 3 and half years, Ron Carlivati.
In the latest issue of Soap Opera Digest on newsstands now, the publication has the first joint interview with Shelly and Jean, which took place shortly after they began their new writing duties, in which they share their initial thoughts on their plans for the iconic series.
When asked if they feel their take on the GH canvas will be different because they are women, Altman responded: “I don’t necessarily. I think each individual writer brings his or her own experience to the table. Jean and I are both women and we are both mothers. You can’t help but have some of that influence your ideas, your thoughts. We will approach everything from a women’s sensibility because we are women.” However, Passanante’s answered: “I’ve never really known it to make that much of a difference. I’ve worked with some great male head writers who really channeled all the characters, male and female, equally well.” Read more >
- RATINGS: General Hospital Goes On Upswing! Shows Gains Across All Key Demos!
- Sal Stowers To Make Her Days of our Lives Debut On September 25th!
- REPORT: WGA Takes Issue With Soap Producers For Creating “Particularly Insidious” Problem Making Writers Request Waivers For Less Pay and Work!
- Watch The Replay: DAYS Hangout With A Martinez and Galen Gering!
- TODAY: Finola Hughes Returns To General Hospital! What Do You Hope Is In Store For Anna Devane?
- General Hospital’s Hayley Erin Talks On: A Betrayed Kiki, Saying Goodbye To Michael Easton, Her Co-Stars: Maura West & Bryan Craig!
- VIDEO: 50 Years Of DAYS: The Hortons and The Bradys!
- mfarris70: A good writer is a good writer, no matter their gender.
- CeeCee: Hello, my good friend. Long time no hear…LOL. I love what you...
- AArt: Great addition to cast. Enjoyed his recent appearance. Can’t wait...
- Lora B.: Please bring back Michael Easton . That would make a HUGH difference...
- Patrick: ditto! the best marquee yet! “… YR is complete garbage...
- CeeCee: @Harry. Yes, Harry…we do agree. It has been, not only my...
- Justin: How do you know this?