Lastest News & Soap Buzz
Over the Memorial Day holiday weekend, the entertainment community grieved the loss of the passing of the brilliant comedian and actress Anne Meara. She was 85-years-old. Meara, whose husband is actor Jerry Stiller, and is the mother to Ben Stiller, died on Saturday. Most amazing, and yet heartbreaking is to think that Anne’s partner in show business and in life, Jerry Stiller and her shared 61 wonderful years together.
“Anne’s memory lives on in the hearts of daughter Amy, son Ben, her grandchildren, her extended family and friends, and the millions she entertained as an actress, writer and comedienne,” the family statement said.
In the 60′s, “Stiller & Meara” made the variety show circuits including being a frequent guest on The Ed Sullivan Show. Meara became a regular on the game show circuit in the 70′s before landing the role of Sally Gallagher on Rhoda. She went on to play hundreds of TV roles in the 1980s and 1990s in shows like Archie Bunker’s Place, The Love Boat, ALF, Sex and the City and The King of Queens.
Meara is best known to soap fans for her recurring role as Peggy Moody on All My Children from 1993 to 1998. Former AMC cast member Cady McClain (Ex-Dixie, more recently Kelly, Y&R ) took to her Twitter account when news broke of the death of Meara relating this message: “So sorry to hear Anne Meara died. I had the great pleasure of working with her on AMC. She was a real “pissa” with a beautiful heart.” Read more >
- Maura West Is Back On The Scene On GH’s Friday Cliffhanger! Is This Mysterious Visitor Ava Jerome Or Someone Else?
- RATINGS: All Soaps Up In Total Viewers! But, Which Daytime Drama Gave Fans The Best May Sweeps?
- Watch The WINTERTHORNE First Trailer … Where Candy and Drama Come Together!
- DAYS OF OUR LIVES: A Shell-Shocked Paige Has One HELL Of A Birthday Party!
- Rebecca Budig Exits General Hospital! But Since Hayden Holds A Big Secret Will She Return?
- Y&R’s Tracey E. Bregman’s Talks Michael and Lauren’s Marital Woes & Her Early Years On-Screen Feud With Beth Maitland!
- Dom’s A Dad One More Time! General Hospital Star and Wife Welcome Baby Daughter!
- su0000: Anne Meara, have a beautiful journey.
- Timmm: Genie is not going to be a knight in shinning armor. First she is too...
- Timmm: Not true. It just needs more love stories and a little less violence...
- Timmm: Tristan cannot get back to GH quick enough!
- Timmm: OMG to see her baby talking to Jack, I was embarrassed for her! No...
- Charday: She was great with her husband, Jerry Stiller, on “King of...
- Timmm: We dont need things dumbed down for us. I think we know what fired,...