Lastest News & Soap Buzz
The Bold and the Beautiful’s Obba Babatundé was just named the Outstanding Guest Performer in a Drama Series at Sunday’s 43rd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards.
Obba won the gold for his scenes where Julius and his transgender daughter Maya (Karla Mosley) have a major confrontation at Maya and Rick’s (Jacob Young) wedding.
Now, comes another stirring and memorable performance that should be remembered come Emmy time next year! The action happened on Tuesday’s episode of B&B. The set up has that Nicole (Reign Edwards) has learned that Sasha (Felisha Cooper) is her biological sister, and that Julius is their father, but Vivienne (Anna Maria Horsford) is not Sasha’s mother. This happens when Sasha spills the beans to Nicole in a confrontation over the man in their life, Zende (Rome Flynn).
Now alone with Julius, Nicole lets him have it for his deception, and Julius in tears explains to Nicole how he was driven to another woman, which seems to have stemmed from Myron (now Maya) and Vivienne turning his back on him years ago, and turning to someone else for comfort, or so he explains. In these scenes both Obba and Reign Edwards brought the drama in compelling performances.
Later, after promising to set the record straight with Vivienne before Nicole does, Julius instead goes to confront Sasha. He lets her know how he took care of her, and how me made sure Vivienne was in her life. But now that she betrayed him, by revealing the one thing he asked her not to do and to keep quiet about, Julius bascially tells her he doesn’t want her as part of the family. With one tear streaming down his face, and defiant and hurt, it was Obba at his best.
Watch the scene between Sasha and Julius after the jump, and make sure to catch the episode and the scene between Nicole and Julius. Then let us know, will Obba make it a two-peat at next yeat’s Daytime Emmys? Read more >
- New GH Promo & Nathan Varni Teases: “Everything Will Change Forever For One Major Character!”
- Ian Buchanan Returns To General Hospital For A Few Key Episodes!
- NATAS’ Official 43rd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards Ceremony Released Online!
- 43rd Annual Daytime Emmys Winners Circle Photo Gallery!
- Y&R’s Exited Kelly Sullivan Shares: “RIP Sage. It Was Such An Amazing Run! Thank You To The Fans For All Your Love And Support. And Thank You To My Y&R Family.”
- OLTL Favorite Renee Elise Goldsberry Scores Tony Award Nomination For HAMILTON!
- GH Supporting Actor Winner Sean Blakemore Gives His Daytime Emmy Acceptance Speech On The Talk!
- SW: Definitely Dante! Sniff!
- Mary SF: My guess is Sonny ordered someone to take out Carlos but told them...
- su0000: I would rather have Carlo’s than either Nathan or Dante- they...
- Patricio: This guy should be a movie star. His death penelty story years ago...
- Harry: Right and don’t forget, Julian ordered the hit on Duke. Alexis...
- Patricio: So happy for this beautiful, talented young lady. She always shined...
- Patricio: Thinking out of the box ….Erika Slezak of OLTL. Could be a...