Lastest News & Soap Buzz
OLTL Alum Catherine Hickland Pens Touching Tribute To Mother-In-Law Debbie Reynolds, and Sister-In-Law Carrie Fisher
Catherine Hickland, who fearlessly played the role of troublemaker Lindsay Rappaport on ABC’s One Life to Live, has recently suffered an unimaginable loss of two women very close to her, Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher.
As fans of Catherine know she is married to Reynolds son, Todd Fisher. In sharing her thoughts on the passing of both Debbie and Carrie, Hickland took to her website CatherineHickland.com to express her grief and thoughts on their sudden passing and what it meant to her in a blog post entitled, “No Words Remembering Debbie and Carrie.”
Catherine began her post stating: “I loved my mother in law. I feel so blessed to have been able to spend seven years with this magnificent woman. We had a lot in common, and we did some seriously good deep talking over those years. Neither of us cared much for small talk. What a relief for us both. Deep talking is what I love to do, which is probably why I make my living as a hypnotist. I love real life, real feelings, imagination, and life experience. I have so many memories of those conversations.”
She later related a funny and touching story about her nuptials to Todd and Carrie’s part in the ceremony: “When Todd and I decided to get married, Carrie, Debbie and Carrie’s incredible assistant, Byron, planned our wedding. Debbie was not feeling well when we decided to get married, and so Carrie thought it was best if we got married at her home so that Debbie could come and go easily if she didn’t feel well enough to stay during the reception. Carrie was Todd’s ‘best man.’ Carrie did what Carrie wanted and everyone understood that, so I didn’t think a thing of it when she smoked an e-cigarette throughout the entire ceremony. At one point she spontaneously suggested that Todd, I, and our friend and pastor Henry Cutrona, take a hit off of the ‘peace pipe’to seal the deal. What were we going to say? We all took a puff. The guests howled. During the prayer before the rings, when everyone’s eyes were closed, Carrie dropped the ring. ”
Later, Hickland came forth with her sorrow: ”My being hurts. I’ve now been home for 5 days, the first three spent with my face planted in my pillow. My body finally fell apart. Three weeks of little to no sleep, incredible compounding stress, keeping emotions in check to get through what needed to be gotten through, all takes a toll. But then, you know all this. A broken heart is a broken heart, and who hasn’t had one of those? We are all in this life together.”
Throughout this memorial to Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher, Hickland truly made her sorrow relatable for anyone who has gone through the sudden loss of a loved one. It was a beautifully written account that we hope On-Air On-Soaps site visitors will take a moment to check out. Read more >
- Y&R’s Eric Braeden “I’ll Be Damned” Upcoming Appearances On The Release Of His Memoir!
- One Life to Live Aired Its Last ABC Episode Five Years Ago Today!
- DAYS Greg Vaughan Teases A Darker Eric Brady On The Way?
- Eileen Davidson On If She Would Ever Go Back To DAYS: “I’m Open To Anything”
- EMPIRE Renewed For Season Four!
- Darnell Kirkwood Gets Brash & Sassy!
- DAYS Celebrates Airing Of 13,000th Episode!
- soapqueenforever: I have always loved him as well. It’s funny when they...
- JJ: That’s her therapy animal/chicken (name unknown). The HBO...
- Violet Lemm: I agree with alot of fans but also disagree with others. Hard to...
- xmxascarol: Bring her back to Days I think she could raise the ratings even...
- xmxascarol: Me to.to make it really interesting I would love to see Elaine...
- xmxascarol: If you are a Kate Mansi fan check out both lifetime and lifetime...
- xmxascarol: I am so sorry for your loss.God be with you all.