Lastest News & Soap Buzz
On Sunday night, April 26th the stars of daytime television stepped out for the 42nd annual Daytime Emmys with a return to television and broadcast on Pop. The ceremonies for the first time were held at stage 16 on the Warner Brothers Studio lot. Hosted by Tyra Banks, the two hour plus telecast featured several notable moments in the show.
Days of our Lives was given its due for its upcoming 5oth anniversary celebration with a moving clip package looking through the sands of the hourglass with memorable moments from the show as Deidre Hall (Marlena) anchored the segment and the cast and EP Ken Corday took an on-stage bow. The show would later tie for the Outstanding Drama Series. Tessanne Chin, winner of season five of the The Voice, performed “What I Did For Love” alongside a montage of some of the most romantic scenes and heartbreak from love stories on the soaps.
Television icon Betty White was bestowed a “Lifetime Achievement Award” during which Regis Philbin, Tom Bergeron, Fred Willard, Marie Osmond and Charo played a game of Password which celebrated her love of the game show and many appearances during its run. The 93 year old’s best television moments were featured in a career showcase spanning more than 60 years and seven Emmy Awards. The late comedian and television legend Joan Rivers was remembered and her emotional Daytime Emmy Awards speech from her 1990 win moved the audience. Joan’s daughter Melissa Rivers gave tribute to her mother and introduced the In Memoriam tribute. Singer Babyface performed “Gone to Soon” as talent from the daytime community was remembered.
Drama Series was presented by now 8-time Daytime Emmy winner Anthony Geary alongside his longtime scene partner Genie Francis as GH’s Luke and Laura were reunited once again on stage to give out the final category of the night.
School teacher Sharon Hofreiter was made the Cinderella of the Daytime Emmy telecast when she presented with The Young and the Restless Daniel Goddard (Cane), who was her favorite daytime actor. Sharon was surprised at her school when Daniel walked in front of a school staff meeting and asked her to present with him at the Emmys! The clip package of the moment was shown to the audience prior to Sharon and Daniel presenting their award. Read more >
- TODAY: Daytime Emmy Winners Freddie Smith, Amelia Heinle, Hunter King On THE TALK!
- Today On THE VIEW: General Hospital’s Daytime Emmy Winners Anthony Geary, Maura West, Chad Duell & Donna Mills!
- 42nd Annual Daytime Emmy Winners: DAYS and Y&R Tie For Drama Series, GH’s Anthony Geary & Maura West Take Top Acting Honors!
- Alison Sweeney Confirms She Is Returning To Days of our Lives For Series 50th Anniversary Milestone!
- Ellen DeGeneres and Matt Lauer To End Prank Feud On Tonight’s Daytime Emmy Telecast?
- 42nd Annual Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards Winners Announced!
- General Hospital Icons Anthony Geary and Genie Francis To Be Reunited During 42nd Annual Daytime Emmy Telecast!
- KansasGuest: It’s a cross-promotion thing. ABC owns, produces &...
- Jimbo: Let them enjoy their awards. Why make they suffer?
- CeeCee: Right? Each one of those characters thinks out loud…or have...
- Jimbo: … but her first for her role as Ava Jerome in the Outstanding...
- CeeCee: Lol, jimh. That infamous staircase served its purpose, no? Sadly the...
- KansasGuest: Because each award – Best Writing, Best Directing, Best...
- Shay: To each her own, CeeCee!….You are already painfully aware of my...