Lastest News & Soap Buzz
Days of our Lives enduring star, Drake Hogestyn (John Black) was sidelined back in May with an injury that was first brought to light by the Globe. Their report indicated that Hogestyn fell from a tree and experienced internal bleeding from his injury. Back at the beginning of July, We Love Soaps reported their sources indicated Drake was actually injured on set.
Now comes word via a statement given to Soap Opera Digest from the actor’s legal team; explaining his absence and his recovery. They claim on May 5th, Drake was injured on the set while filming a stunt that required him to “break” through a prop door on a set that “had not been properly prepared”. Hogestyn “ran full speed” toward the door and “smashed headfirst” into it suffering “severe head injuries”. The actor was hospitalized and he is currently recovering at his Malibu home.
The legal team statement went on to say: “Drake, his wife Victoria, and the Hogestyn family, appreciate all the good wishes, prayers and positive thoughts from so many loyal fans, but ask that their privacy be respected at this time. Drake’s goal is to get back to the show as soon as possible.” Read more >
- Freddie Smith Returns On-Air To DAYS! What Are Your Hopes For Sonny Kiriakis?
- Jeffrey Vincent Parise Returns To General Hospital As Dr. Joe Rivera!
- Y&R’s Latest Promo: Jill Finds Phyllis In Bed With Billy!
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Laura Learns Nikolas’ Fate & Genie Francis Reminds Us All Why She Is An Icon!
- Kelly Sullivan’s New TLC Dramatic Series TOO CLOSE TO HOME Set To Premiere August 22nd!
- Days of our Lives Serves Up The Rafesode!
- Days of our Lives Casting New Male Character! Who Would You Suggest For The Part?
- Beth CP: Congrats to Kelly Sullivan. Talented, hard working and genuinely...
- Patrick: I agree with your post… w/ the exception… that DAYS ,...
- Celia: @Michael. Hey, Michael, I have run out of adjectives when describing...
- 4ever DAYS: It’s good to hear Drake is recovering. I never believed the...
- Timmm: I like those two together, as well, six feet under!
- Timmm: I support all of your dismissals!
- Timmm: Sabrina would be better with a pair of cement crocs!