Lastest News & Soap Buzz
On Friday, following the news of the passing of Days of our Lives favorite, Joseph Mascolo (Stefano DiMera), the beloved super villain of Salem was trending on Twitter. Meanwhile, many of his co-stars past and present from the Days of our Lives family took some time to share their grief, their reactions, and some remembrances on working with this irreplacable performer. Here is just a sampling:
Deidre Hall (Marlena): Sad day. Sad news. Joe lived a big life and will be dearly missed and lovingly remembered.
Eric Martsolf (Brady): RIP Joe. Daytime will miss your beautiful blend of villainy and charm. Thank you for all you gave good sir.
Billy Flynn (Chad): This was one of the most profound/real moments I have ever had, not just as an actor but as a human being. For many personal reasons. But, in this moment I sat at his feet, and as I looked up I saw what every fan saw in him throughout the years. Joe was, and will always be a giant. With a massive heart. Paving a legacy that enriched not only the industry but everyone in it. It was honor to know him for what little time I did. And to his fans…the Phoenix lives on in us. Rest in Peace Sir.
Casey Deidrick (Ex-Chad): I am deeply saddened 2 hear of my onscreen Papa passing today. Such a kind heart & pleasure to learn from. I’ll never forget my DiMera days.
Thaao Penghlis (Andre): It won’t be the same.
Alison Sweeney (Ex-Sami): Some of my earliest memories of Days are working with Joe… I was really nervous to work with him because Stefano was such a strong, intimidating character and he embodied it so well. Joe was so talented, such a generous actor and always so prepared. I learned so much from working with him. Over the years, I got to know him much better and I stopped being so nervous around him (which probably made it easier for him) but I always had a sense of awe to work with him. There wasn’t a day when he didn’t give 100 percent to his performance and his character. When I became a director at DAYS, I remember him being so proud and supportive of me. Joe made a special point of pulling me aside to say that, having watched me on the set, it really meant something to him. He was always such a kind, generous man with a fabulously wry sense of humor and a proud, strong and dedicated actor. He will be greatly missed. #RIP.
Drake Hogestyn (John): The Phoenix will rise…R.I.P. Joe, we love you.
James Scott (Ex-EJ): So long Joe. I’ll miss you, yet a part of you will always be with me and for that beautiful gift I am so happy and grateful.
- Days of our Lives Icon Joseph Mascolo Passes Away At 87
- Days of our Lives Casting Sophisticated Actress To Play Powerful, Charming, Businesswoman: Who Would You Suggest For The Part?
- Robin Riker Returns To General Hospital!
- TODAY: Y&R Hits The Reset Button As Scripts Under New Head Writer Sally Sussman Begin to Air!
- Michael Roark Says “So Long” As He Wraps His Run As Travis On Y&R!
- Director Alison Sweeney Shares Behind The Scenes Intel On Her Next GH Episode!
- THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL: Brooke and Ridge Together Again! How Long Will This Bridge Last?
- Joyce: I’m sorry but I think the paternity of Christian needs to be...
- Sammie Jo: Billy reminded Jack of his affair with his stepmother, just made...
- Sammie Jo: ITA with you, why show a boring courtroom scene when we all knew...
- Sammie Jo: Chelsea is honoring Adam’s wishes, he never wanted Nick to...
- Sammie Jo: MM is not coming back either and EB has nothing to do with it....
- Dylan: Thanks Addison! I do earn part time income from writing…although...
- Sammie Jo: Jackie boy needs to be ripped, he’s being a total jerk...