Soap expert Michael Fairman, General Hospital and Cougar Town’s Carolyn Hennesy, welcome special guest co-host, The Young and the Restless Christian LeBlanc for the second season premiere of the On-Air On-Soaps Podcast! After a several month hiatus one of daytime’s favorite online series is back, with much discussion on the end of All My Children on network television and its move to the web via Prospect Park along with One Life to Live, plus many special call-in guests and entertaining segments. So, what do these three co-hosts have to say about it all? Find out when you listen to our super-sized new episode!
You will hear: soap celebrity exclusive podcast interviews, behind-the-scenes scoops, discussion of soaps hottest topics, the power performance of the week, and more of what matters to you the soapers most – as we go 360 degrees inside, outside, and around the wide world of soaps!
On-Air On-Soaps Podcast Episode #12
Welcome to the latest edition of the On-Air On-Soaps Podcast, hosted by Michael Fairman with co-hosts; Carolyn Hennesy and Christian LeBlanc. This month the trio welcome special guests: One Life to Live and Dirty Soap’s John-Paul Lavoisier, All My Children’s Cameron Mathison, Days of our Lives Patrick Muldoon, and Alina Adams, author of the new e-book, Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime’s Greatest Moments for some entertaining, emotional, and revealing interviews. Plus, our hosts discuss the finale of All My Children, the latest on Prospect Park’s online venture, and the premiere of E! Entertainment’s new reality show, Dirty Soap. Then, Carolyn, Christian and Michael battle it out in our very special soap trivia game show segment, name the power performance of the week, and much more. It’s all in a jam-packed hour and forty minute podcast special to kick off our new season!
This podcast is best played on a high speed connection. However, if you have a slower speed connection, here are some tips: just wait till the buffering is complete and the audio file loads and begin playing. This is to ensure your listening pleasure.
On-Air On-Soaps Podcast Episode #12 features the following segments:
- Patrick Muldoon Interview – Days of our Lives Patrick Muldoon talks about his return to the soap after 16 years away! What is his character of Austin Reed going to be up to as he integrates back into Salem? Is there a possible romantic entanglement on the way between former lovers, Austin and Sami? Patrick fills us in. Starts @ 11:20
- News and Views – The final episode of All My Children, the announcement of Cameron Mathison and Lindsay Hartley signing on to appear on AMC when it moves to the web via Prospect Park, OLTL’s Frank Valentini’s new position as VP Serial Dramas at Prospect Park, and the premiere episode of Dirty Soap are discussed. Starts @ 17:22
- John-Paul Lavoisier Interview – One Life to Live’s John-Paul Lavoisier chats about the latest perils of Llanview’s Rex Balsom including who is the “mystery patient” in Kentucky, and being a prime suspect in the murder investigation of Victor Lord Jr. JP also announces he is getting ready for the final weeks of taping as One Life gets set to wrap on network TV. Then, JP discusses being part of the cast of the new reality series Dirty Soap, with an update on his move from NYC to Los Angeles as documented on the show along with girlfriend, Farah Fath. Starts @ 31:21
- Power Performance of the Week – All My Children’s David Canary is the choice for this episode’s honor. When Adam wills his twin, Stuart back to life after believing he was “dead”, Canary gave another tour de force in the second to last episode of the network conclusion of AMC. Starts @ 43:55
- Alina Adams Interview: The author of the exciting new e-book Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime’s Greatest Moments calls-in to discuss how she developed this innovative new book for the soap genre, how to get your copy, and some of her favorite all-time soap moments. Starts @ 50:11
- A Tribute To Pine Valley Ticket Giveaway Interviews – On the podcast, we gave away to two lucky AMC viewers, a pair of VIP Tickets to the city of their choice for the upcoming A Tribute to Pine Valley special event featuring Walt Willey, Darnell Williams, Cameron Mathison, Vincent Irizarry, Jacob Young and Michael E. Knight! Hear what the excited winners had to say! 1:01:53
- So You Think You Know Michael Baldwin Do Ya? – In our game show segment of the podcast, Carolyn and Michael try to answer questions from emcee, Christian LeBlanc on the character he plays on Y&R …Michael Baldwin. Find out who really knows their Baldwin Trivia! Starts @ 1:09:56
- Cameron Mathison Interview – All My Children’s Cameron Mathison makes a very special call-in to the podcast to discuss his decision to be one of the first cast members to sign on with Prospect Park when AMC moves online, the emotional final tape day of AMC on ABC, and his myriad of exciting new projects! @ 1:15:35
- Carolyn’s Soap Thought of the Day – Carolyn offers up her Soap Thought titled: All My Children: How Sweet It Was! @ 1:32:02
If you have a question on the soaps that you want answered for the upcoming taping of the October 2011 episode, call our On-Air On-Soaps Podcast call-in line at 1-213-973-SOAP.