Soap expert Michael Fairman, True Blood’s Carolyn Hennesy, and Nikita’s Dillon Casey are back together again for the first time in over a year! Yes, that’s right! The original On-Air On-Soaps Podcast gang has reunited for a very special summer 2012 edition of the On-Air On-Soaps Podcast! During the show, the trio looks at the latest news in the world of soaps including the explosion of summer primetime soap series, the upcoming 39th Annual Daytime Emmys, and the moves to save General Hospital and keep it on the air. Plus, they welcome some very special call-in guests, and bring the listener some very entertaining segments. So, what do these three co-hosts have to say about all our topics? Find out when you listen to our all new episode!
You will hear: soap celebrity exclusive podcast interviews, behind-the-scenes scoops, discussion of soaps hottest topics, and what matters to you our faithful soapers most – as we go 360 degrees inside, outside, and around the wide world of soaps!
On-Air On-Soaps Podcast Episode #13
Welcome to the latest edition of the On-Air On-Soap Podcast, hosted by Michael Fairman with co-hosts; Carolyn Hennesy and Dillon Casey. This month the threesome welcome special guests: James Scott (EJ) of Days of our Lives and Jen Lilley (Maxie) of General Hospital for some entertaining and revealing interviews! And, they make some predictions in the major categories at this year’s upcoming 39th Annual Daytime Emmys, discuss the debuts of True Blood, Dallas, and Hollywood Heights, and the failures of One Life to Live’s replacement, The Revolution, which have led to the upcoming summer replacement series, Good Afternoon America and much more. We also bring you some brand new hilarious and thought-provoking segments in our jam-packed hour and a half summer edition!
This podcast is best played on a high speed connection. However, if you have a slower speed connection, here are some tips: just wait till the buffering is complete and the audio file loads and begin playing. This is to ensure your listening pleasure.
On-Air On-Soaps Podcast Episode #13 features the following segments:
- News and Views – The wealth of new primetime soaps kicking off this summer including True Blood, Dallas and Hollywood Heights, plus who should win this year’s Daytime Emmy Awards in the Lead Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, and Drama series are discussed. And, will General Hospital’s lead-in summer replacement, Good Afternoon America be of benefit or a hindrance to the lone ABC soap? And finally, former soap actor Brian Presley’s recent twitter debacle is debated. Starts @ 14:03
- Jen Lilley Interview – General Hospital’s Jen Lilley is a special call-in guest where she discusses the emotional toll and ups and downs of taking over the role of Maxie Jones from Kirsten Storms who was taken ill. Jen also reveals if a Spixie reunion might be in the making, and previews what could come next for Maximista and so much more! Starts @ 38:54
- Analyze This Text – Dillon Casey introduces his new segment which he says he is currently “work-shopping” called Analyze This Text. What do Michael, Carolyn, and Dillon think of texting in our modern world in particular when it comes to dating? Find out if you are texting properly when trying to meet a potential love interest! Starts @ 56:07
- James Scott Interview – Days of our Lives star James Scott (EJ DiMera) is our very special call-in guest on the podcast. In a rare and candid interview, James discusses his feelings on the recent storyline changes where Stefano was shot, EJ learned he was not Stefano’s biological son, and Nicole revealed to EJ that Rafe is the father of her baby, not EJ! James also chats on DAYS Daytime Emmy nominated episodes for Outstanding Drama Series involving EJ and Sami’s grief-sex. In addition, Will and EJ’s on-screen relationship is discussed, and James previews that what is to come under the new writing regime of Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell is some of the most exciting and well-written material he has ever been a part of since his time at DAYS. Starts @ 1:06:31
- Carolyn’s Soap Thought of the Day – Carolyn offers up her Soap Thought of the Day in which she compares the series, True Blood to General Hospital! Starts @ 1:23:41
If you have a question on the soaps that you want answered for the upcoming taping of the next episode, call our On-Air On-Soaps Podcast call-in line at 1-213-973-SOAP.