The What If’s webisodes are almost here! That’s right soapers. Now finally, you can see characters from one your favorite ABC Daytime dramas interacting with a character from another. It’s a one of a kind soap opera style mash-up!
The new series of What If webisodes will debut on abc.com and soapnet.com on Monday, July 12th. The innovative series will answer the question, “What would happen if two characters from different soaps ran into each other, what would they say?” In a 10-part series that will also air in cut-down-versions on ABC Daytime and SOAPnet, viewers will see well-known characters from All My Children, One Life to Live and General Hospital interact with one another, and will be privy to their conversations. The webisodes will be derivative of the characters and their unique past, but are not related to current storyline. One Life to Live’s executive producer, Frank Valentini, is director for the webisode series.
The schedule is as follows:
Week 1 (July 12th):
- “All My Children’s” Erica Kane (Susan Lucci) and “General Hospital’s” Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Benard): When Sonny’s plan to use Erica as an alibi goes awry, his claustrophobia gets the best of both of them.
- “All My Children’s” Ryan Lavery (Cameron Mathison) and “General Hospital’s” Carly Jacks (Laura Wright): Carly gives Ryan a refresher course on how to channel his inner bad boy.
- “One Life To Live’s “ Todd Manning (Trevor St. John) and “General Hospital’s” Damian Spinelli (Bradford Anderson): Spinelli’s fear of flying frustrates Todd to no end and unexpectedly changes their flight plan.
Week 2 (July 19th):
- “All My Children’s” Greenlee Smythe (Rebecca Budig) and “General Hospital’s” Jason Morgan (Steve Burton): A drunk Greenlee pours her heart out (and more) to a very sober Jason Morgan.
Week 3 (July 26th):
- “All My Children’s” Angie and Jesse Hubbard (Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams) and “One Life To Live’s” Starr Manning (Kristen Alderson): When Angie and Jesse argue about a dry spell in the romance department, Starr reminds them what matters most in life.
Week 4(Aug. 2nd):
- “One Life To Lives’” Tess (Bree Williamson) and “General Hospital’s” Dante Falconeri (Dominic Zamprogna): When Dante and Tess realize they’ve met before, she tries to seduce him for old time’s sake.
Week 5 (Aug 9th):
- “General Hospital’s” Luke Spencer (Anthony Geary) and “One Life to Live’s” Viki Banks (Erika Slezak): Bonded by their respective heart problems, Viki and Luke commiserate over lost love.
Week 6 (Aug 16th):
- “General Hospital’s” Maxie Jones (Kirsten Storms) and “One Life to Live’s” Rex Balsom (John- Paul Lavoisier): Maxie and Rex debate the pros and cons of young love, while suddenly faced with their own mortality.
Week 7 (Aug 23rd):
- “One Life To Live’s” Blair Cramer (Kassie DePaiva) and “All My Children’s” Tad Martin (Michael E. Knight): After comparing notes on their messy love lives, Tad and Blair realize they dance to the same tune.
Week 8 (Aug 30th):
- “One Life To Live’s” John McBain (Michael Easton) and “General Hospital’s” Sam McCall (Kelly Monaco): After getting trapped in an elevator in a burning building, Sam and John get to know each other better than they ever thought they would.