Crystal Chappell speaks to Michael Fairman about the end of the line for Otalia and returning to DAYS, and both the great sorrow and joy over her decision that made headlines in the soap world last week. As a prelude to tomorrow’s full Advocate.com feature interview with Crystal, Fairman excerpted a few quotes for his latest edition of his bi-monthly soap column, Soapside: Advocate’s Guide to Daytime. In it, Chappell states: ”I told our executive producer Ellen Wheeler, ‘If she can get the show moved I will be there,’ and the people at Procter and Gamble. I spoke to Jessica Leccia [Natalia] and we said, ‘We would be willing to move, and we want to be Web stars. Is there any way we can move the show there?’ I tried to think of everything I could, not just for the Otalia story line, but for the show. The day the news came out last Friday, I told my cast mates and they were unbelievably supportive and lovely. I think the thing that dawned on me at that moment was this was going to be the end of the character of Olivia. I kind of went through this little wallow over the weekend and went, ‘Oh my God. This is so sad for me!’ We all have known since April 1st that our show was canceled, and we have all known there was an end date. We all had hopes that the show would continue. But as far as I know, as of right now, we all finish taping August 7th. I would love for the show to continue, but unfortunately or fortunately I have to work. It became a practical decision.”
News - Soap Buzz
0 June 18th, 2009 Chappell speaks, Carlivati teases at “Soapside: Advocate’s Guide to Daytime”!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- Hollywood Heights
- One Life To Live
- True Blood
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
The Young and the Restless Amelia Heinle (Victoria) chats with Michael Fairman right after winning the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. Amelia admits her surprise at winning, how bittersweet it was to win along with her former co-star Billy Miller, and she shared more about her touching acceptance where she acknowledged her sister who is battling cancer. As we said on a recent Soap Nation Live broadcast that featured Amelia, this was one of our favorite moments of Emmy night below! Leave a comment »
- DAYS Kristian Alfonso Chats On Upcoming Scenes That Help Resolve Bo & Hope, Daniel Cosgrove & That Tearful Goodbye To Nick!
- GH Executive Producer Frank Valentini On What's Next In Story For Jason Thompson: A Lot Will Happen With Patrick Over The Summer & Into The Fall!
- Teresa Castillo Reveals Her Imminent Return To General Hospital!
- William deVry and Lisa LoCicero Interview - General Hospital - 41st Annual Daytime Creative Arts Emmys
- DAYS OF OUR LIVES: Sami Lays The Smackdown On Abigail!