Crystal Chappell speaks to Michael Fairman about the end of the line for Otalia and returning to DAYS, and both the great sorrow and joy over her decision that made headlines in the soap world last week. As a prelude to tomorrow’s full Advocate.com feature interview with Crystal, Fairman excerpted a few quotes for his latest edition of his bi-monthly soap column, Soapside: Advocate’s Guide to Daytime. In it, Chappell states: ”I told our executive producer Ellen Wheeler, ‘If she can get the show moved I will be there,’ and the people at Procter and Gamble. I spoke to Jessica Leccia [Natalia] and we said, ‘We would be willing to move, and we want to be Web stars. Is there any way we can move the show there?’ I tried to think of everything I could, not just for the Otalia story line, but for the show. The day the news came out last Friday, I told my cast mates and they were unbelievably supportive and lovely. I think the thing that dawned on me at that moment was this was going to be the end of the character of Olivia. I kind of went through this little wallow over the weekend and went, ‘Oh my God. This is so sad for me!’ We all have known since April 1st that our show was canceled, and we have all known there was an end date. We all had hopes that the show would continue. But as far as I know, as of right now, we all finish taping August 7th. I would love for the show to continue, but unfortunately or fortunately I have to work. It became a practical decision.”
News - Soap Buzz
0 June 18th, 2009 Chappell speaks, Carlivati teases at “Soapside: Advocate’s Guide to Daytime”!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
Former One Life to Live star and current Days of our Lives cast member, John-Paul Lavoisier chatted with Michael Fairman at the Winterthorne premiere red carpet. JP has a featured role in Winterthorne as Hugh Cambridge who has a romantic past with Martha Madison's Miranda Winterthorne. During the interview, JP discusses taking on the role of the recast Phillip Kiriakis in Salem, and shooting his role in the online series. Watch it below. Then let us know if you are looking forward to seeing JP on DAYS, and Winterthorne which debuts this Thursday! Leave a comment »
- GH's Billy Miller Interview: The Challenges Of Playing Jake, Writing Regime Switch & The Women Of Port Charles!
- Y&R's Peter Bergman Dishes The Jack/Marco Showdown & His Soap Life As A Doppelganger!
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Is Morgan Corinthos Bipolar?
- Days of our Lives First Three Episodes By Writing Regime Of Griffith & Higley! What Were Your Impressions?
- B&B's Karla Mosley, Obba Babatunde & Anna Maria Horsford Interview: A Family Struggles To Accept Their Transgender Daughter!