Crystal Chappell speaks to Michael Fairman in a new interview at Advocate.com about her decision to return to “DAYS” in the role that her ‘soap famous’, Dr. Carly Manning, and the end of the road for the beloved same-sex soap super couple, Otalia. As Guiding Light nears the end of its run on CBS, Chappell sheds light on her decision, what she had attempted to keep the Otalia pairing alive and more. Here is an excerpt about the bittersweet decision to go to “DAYS” Chappell : ”I had this wonderful news breaking last Friday. I am so lucky as an actor to have a job these days, but I really thought it hit me hard. I am the first one to announce: Hey, I’m going over here, and you could kind of see that people were so happy for me, but there was a weight that fell on the group. I kind of felt it all weekend. I am vacillating between extreme relief and joy and excitement about going back and trying something old and making it new again. At the same time I was feeling devastated. So, it was this weird emotional breakup at some level.” Make sure to read the emotional and revealing interview with one of daytime’s greatest treasures.
News - Soap Buzz
0 June 19th, 2009 Crystal Chappell speaks on end of Otalia and return to “DAYS” at Advocate.com!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
This week on General Hospital, after Spencer Cassadine was badly burned at his birthday party at Wyndemere, his father Nikolas was beside himself with worry, guilt, and what to do next when the doctors in Port Charles advised Nikolas to take Spencer to Shriner's Hospital in Boston, where they care for children that face similar medical issues as Spencer. In heartbreaking scenes, Tyler Christopher (Nikolas) and Nicholas Bechtel (Spencer) broke viewers hearts. GH also taped this PSA featuring Tyler to call attention to Shriner's Hospitals and the work they do to save young lives. Watch it below and let us know what you have thoughts about this storyline? Leave a comment »
- Kristen Alderson On Her Final GH Scenes: Roger And I Were VERY Happy We Had Those Scenes Together.
- RATINGS: Days of our Lives Has Rough Week
- Y&R's Disaster Storylines: The Underground Collapse, The Plane Crash, The Cabin, The Fire! What Did You Think About The Events That Transpired?
- The Joshua Morrow Interview - The Young and the Restless
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Jake Remembers He Is Jason Just As He Goes Under The Knife! Luke's Two Personalities Emerge!