Crystal Chappell speaks to Michael Fairman in a new interview at Advocate.com about her decision to return to “DAYS” in the role that her ‘soap famous’, Dr. Carly Manning, and the end of the road for the beloved same-sex soap super couple, Otalia. As Guiding Light nears the end of its run on CBS, Chappell sheds light on her decision, what she had attempted to keep the Otalia pairing alive and more. Here is an excerpt about the bittersweet decision to go to “DAYS” Chappell : ”I had this wonderful news breaking last Friday. I am so lucky as an actor to have a job these days, but I really thought it hit me hard. I am the first one to announce: Hey, I’m going over here, and you could kind of see that people were so happy for me, but there was a weight that fell on the group. I kind of felt it all weekend. I am vacillating between extreme relief and joy and excitement about going back and trying something old and making it new again. At the same time I was feeling devastated. So, it was this weird emotional breakup at some level.” Make sure to read the emotional and revealing interview with one of daytime’s greatest treasures.
News - Soap Buzz
0 June 19th, 2009 Crystal Chappell speaks on end of Otalia and return to “DAYS” at Advocate.com!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful double down in this latest promo from CBS Daytime promoting October 2nd episode revelations! Meanwhile, both soaps scored their highest audience ratings for the just completed television season in years, according to just released data! Watch the teaser below. Let us know if you think both CBS daytime dramas are firing on all cylinders, or not? Leave a comment »
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Sam Confesses Why She Can't Move On: Maybe It's Because Deep Down I Believe Jason Is Alive!
- Viola Davis Talks Her Emmy Acceptance Speech With Ellen DeGeneres & Notes To NY Times She Was Aware Of Nancy Lee Grahn's Thoughts On It!
- DAYS Rob Scott Wilson Dishes On Killer Ben, The Reveal & The Opportunity Of A Soap Lifetime!
- BROADCAST YEAR RATINGS: The Young and the Restless Scores Most Viewers Since 2009-2010, The Bold and The Beautiful Delivers Largest Audience Since 2005-2006!
- Kassie DePaiva CONFIRMS She Has Been Let Go From Days of our Lives!