Crystal Chappell speaks to Michael Fairman in a new interview at Advocate.com about her decision to return to “DAYS” in the role that her ‘soap famous’, Dr. Carly Manning, and the end of the road for the beloved same-sex soap super couple, Otalia. As Guiding Light nears the end of its run on CBS, Chappell sheds light on her decision, what she had attempted to keep the Otalia pairing alive and more. Here is an excerpt about the bittersweet decision to go to “DAYS” Chappell : ”I had this wonderful news breaking last Friday. I am so lucky as an actor to have a job these days, but I really thought it hit me hard. I am the first one to announce: Hey, I’m going over here, and you could kind of see that people were so happy for me, but there was a weight that fell on the group. I kind of felt it all weekend. I am vacillating between extreme relief and joy and excitement about going back and trying something old and making it new again. At the same time I was feeling devastated. So, it was this weird emotional breakup at some level.” Make sure to read the emotional and revealing interview with one of daytime’s greatest treasures.
News - Soap Buzz
0 June 19th, 2009 Crystal Chappell speaks on end of Otalia and return to “DAYS” at Advocate.com!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
Days of our Lives stars: A Martinez and Galen Gering were the very special guests in the latest DAYS Hangout hosted by On-Air On-Soaps Michael Fairman. Participating soap fans had the opportunity to pose questions to the actors, in which now viewers were able to take away some intriguing story teases and what is to come when A debuts as Eduardo, the father of the Hernandez clan, and who he may mix it up with in Salem. Galen discusses his latest hot storylines on DAYS: from the serial killer to Rafe's crush on Hope, and teases yet another major interesting story is to come. Watch the replay of the hangout below, and check out what the guys had to say! Leave a comment »
- GH's Billy Miller Interview: The Challenges Of Playing Jake, Writing Regime Switch & The Women Of Port Charles!
- Y&R's Peter Bergman Dishes The Jack/Marco Showdown & His Soap Life As A Doppelganger!
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Is Morgan Corinthos Bipolar?
- Days of our Lives First Three Episodes By Writing Regime Of Griffith & Higley! What Were Your Impressions?
- B&B's Karla Mosley, Obba Babatunde & Anna Maria Horsford Interview: A Family Struggles To Accept Their Transgender Daughter!