Crystal Chappell speaks to Michael Fairman in a new interview at Advocate.com about her decision to return to “DAYS” in the role that her ‘soap famous’, Dr. Carly Manning, and the end of the road for the beloved same-sex soap super couple, Otalia. As Guiding Light nears the end of its run on CBS, Chappell sheds light on her decision, what she had attempted to keep the Otalia pairing alive and more. Here is an excerpt about the bittersweet decision to go to “DAYS” Chappell : ”I had this wonderful news breaking last Friday. I am so lucky as an actor to have a job these days, but I really thought it hit me hard. I am the first one to announce: Hey, I’m going over here, and you could kind of see that people were so happy for me, but there was a weight that fell on the group. I kind of felt it all weekend. I am vacillating between extreme relief and joy and excitement about going back and trying something old and making it new again. At the same time I was feeling devastated. So, it was this weird emotional breakup at some level.” Make sure to read the emotional and revealing interview with one of daytime’s greatest treasures.
News - Soap Buzz
0 June 19th, 2009 Crystal Chappell speaks on end of Otalia and return to “DAYS” at Advocate.com!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
On Tueday's episode of General Hospital, while trying to protect Ava from a bullet from the evil Valentin Cassadine, it's Nikolas who gets shot instead and sent crashing through the window, and over a balcony on Cassadine Island apparently to his death. This storyline move signals the end of the short-term run of Nick Stabile, who was filling in for Tyler Christopher in the role while the Daytime Emmy-winning actor was on personal leave from the series. Watch the cliffhanger below. Then share your thoughts on Stabile's run as Nik, and what will be the fate of the dark prince in the weeks to come? Leave a comment »
- John-Paul Lavoisier Done At DAYS!
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Alexis Stabs Julian, Cassadine Curse, Laura Gets A Clue, Josslyn's Kidney Mystery!
- THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS: Victor Down, Sharon Clocks Mariah, Adam's Fate!
- GH's Bree Williamson Talks Her Debut As Claudette, Her New Leading Men And Co Stars, OLTL & Coming Back To Daytime!
- Michael Graziadei Set For Limited-Run Return To The Young and the Restless!