Crystal Chappell speaks to Michael Fairman in a new interview at Advocate.com about her decision to return to “DAYS” in the role that her ‘soap famous’, Dr. Carly Manning, and the end of the road for the beloved same-sex soap super couple, Otalia. As Guiding Light nears the end of its run on CBS, Chappell sheds light on her decision, what she had attempted to keep the Otalia pairing alive and more. Here is an excerpt about the bittersweet decision to go to “DAYS” Chappell : ”I had this wonderful news breaking last Friday. I am so lucky as an actor to have a job these days, but I really thought it hit me hard. I am the first one to announce: Hey, I’m going over here, and you could kind of see that people were so happy for me, but there was a weight that fell on the group. I kind of felt it all weekend. I am vacillating between extreme relief and joy and excitement about going back and trying something old and making it new again. At the same time I was feeling devastated. So, it was this weird emotional breakup at some level.” Make sure to read the emotional and revealing interview with one of daytime’s greatest treasures.
News - Soap Buzz
0 June 19th, 2009 Crystal Chappell speaks on end of Otalia and return to “DAYS” at Advocate.com!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
Days of our Lives stars, Judi Evans (Adrienne) and Wally Kurth (Justin) sat down to chat with Michael Fairman at NBC's annual Day of DAYS event. During their conversation, Wally shared his thoughts on the passing of legendary GH scribe, Claire Labine. Then, talk turns to the major storyline playing out right now in Salem following Justin stopping the nuptials of Adrienne and Lucas. With so many twists and turns in the story, this longtime Salem supercouple reveals during the next six months there is plenty of drama ahead. So, are you rooting for Justin and Adrienne, or Lucas and Adrienne to be the end game? Watch the video and then weigh-in. Leave a comment »
- New Y&R Head Writer Sally Sussman Reveals Plans For The Characters Of Genoa City!
- Update On OLTL FAvorite Eddie Alderson's Health Battle; Now Diagnosed With Hodgkins Lymphoma
- Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans Video Interview: Stayla Proposal, The Eye Patch, James Lastovic, Emmys!
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Maurice Benard Delivers Emotional Turn As Sonny Confesses At Morgan's Funeral
- Freddie Smith and Christopher Sean Interview - Day of DAYS 2016