41 October 30th, 2012 Dallas EP Reveals More On The Return Of Gary & Val Ewing! Says No Other ‘Knots’ Actors Will Be Part Of The Show!

Courtesy/CBS

Cynthia Cidre, the executive producer of the hit TNT reboot of Dallas is gearing up for a dynamic second season where we already learned of her plans to bring back to the fold Knots Landing favorites, Joan Van Ark (Valene) and Ted Shackelford (Gary) this spring to Southfork!

TV Guide got some additional details on the their arrival, including that they will be a reuniting with their on-screen daughter, Lucy Ewing (Charlene Tilton) too!

Cidre informed TVG that Shackelford will pop up as J.R. and Bobby’s brother a couple episodes before Val and Lucy:  “Gary comes because he is a third owner of the oil under Southfork. Then Val comes for a big event. We have some really fun stuff with Gary and Val back together with J.R. and Sue Ellen.”

JoanVan Ark and Charlene Tilton are scheduled to shoot their scenes in January. “I’m so excited to revisit Valene,” says  who has a feeling Val’s marriage is on the rocks. “All I hope is that Val is successful and has become empowered, as they’ve done with Sue Ellen.”   Shackelford revealed he hopes Gary has remained sober but isn’t opposed to a return to his philandering ways! “You have to have conflict or you have no drama. I’m looking forward to seeing all of them.”

Cidre also announced that she has no plans to re-introduce Gary and Val’s other grown-up children, twins Bobby and Betsey, or any other Knots actors noting: “I’m already feeling a little squeezed by serving all the characters on our plate!”

So will you be checking out Joan, Ted, and Charlene next year on season two of Dallas? What would you like to see happen when these characters mix it up with the Ewing clan of Southfork? Let us know!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Rodd says:

Whatever combo will keep the show successful is fine with me.

Sharla replied

I am excited that they are coming back on the show

gloria replied

Glad Gary and Val are back, but still let down that they will not have any other Knots Landing members on the show.

2. Mary H says:

Loved Knots Landing!!! Bring it back too! Love Gary ad Val

Bart replied

I loved KNOTS too!!! That was my guilty pleasure show from 1979-1993!!

MBmomof3 replied

mine too! I am very excited for this development. Soaps rule!

3. Splum says:

Stupid to say no other KL characters. Even if she feels there’s too many characters on show, should have kept it to herself. It’s a letdown.

4. Luv-n-laughter says:

@Splum…considering that none of the other characters had anything remotely to do with Dallas, this is in the best interest of keeping the show purely DALLAS. Why muddy the waters? Perhaps someone should consider re-booting Knots Landing.

5. Mary SF says:

Knots Landing was a Dallas spin off , so as much as I loved Knots Landing, I think the EP is doing the right thing by only bringing characters from Knots that were first introduced on Dallas. I am glad TS will finally get to so something more challenging than be Gloria’s boy toy on Y&R and look forward to seeing him and the rest of Ewing clan on new season of Dallas.

6. lisa says:

I’m looking forward to seeing Gary and Val in Dallas…but I think Charlene Tilton should have a little work done before mommy and daddy come to town…. with all the work Joan Van Ark has had done – it makes Charlene look old…….just say ‘in.

7. D Hewitt says:

I would like to see a season be longer than 10 episodes. How about 26?
    Think we can get TNT to buy into that?

8. Joel says:

Agree no more Knots characters, never watched KL so it isn’t a big deal to me that they’re on. Still I love Lucy and like Gary so should be fun. I assume a lot of people like Val so I’m happy for her fans.

9. PGP says:

PLEASE Reboot KNOTTS LANDING!!!!

gloria replied

Sorry to hear about Larry passing on. It is so sad and he will be missed. I know he would want the show to continue. I hope we see more of Gary and Val and not just 3 episodes. Please consider adding more of Knots Landing.. Abbey, Karen Mac. Dallas needs a good lawyer now… Why not MAC

10. kalamaty says:

Having these two appearing together as characters they originated in the 70′s is unbelievably fantastic! Let’s not forget, this same duo appeared on an episode of Wonder Woman together with Linda Carter, almost 40 years ago! They have been performing together for almost 5 decades and it’s a wonderful thrill for their longtime fans to see it happening all over again! Can’t wait to see there work together on the new Dallas! Congrats to them both!

11. michelle says:

i love them too and glad to see they will be joining the show. knotts landing was my favorite show ever. wish it would return too. i would love to see donna mills, michelle lee etc. as well!

12. Patrick says:

I LOVED both Dallas, and Knot’s Landing….

Knot’s remained my favorite… the Dallas “rich” nuevo… kinda wore out… but, i still remained with the show… but, it, was Knots’ and all the rich relationships that had me glued…. for 15 years!

i never watched falcon crest… and/or The Colbys’.

1) Knot’s
    2) Dallas
    3) Dynasty

I hope Joan Van Ark looks good… she deserves this return to the spotlight… for all her good work.

13. Donald Peebles says:

Cynthia Cidre needs to really have Bobby and Betsy finally get with their Southfork family and meet their older sister, Lucy, for once, if they haven’t already. I understand she does not want to bring on too many KNOTS people but Bobby, Betsy, and even Molly Whitaker are EWINGS! This would be closure to the DALLAS/KNOTS fans.

gloria replied

So sad about the passing of Larry…Please Cynthia, David Jacobs is a great writter, He would bring the feeling back and that is what we need. New writters today just dont GOT IT.. We need night Soaps back. Please consider Val and Gary to do more than 3 episodes. I know that is what Larry would want. If they can work the legal issues out, can they bring more of Knots Landing into the show. Sure Dallas needs a lawyer for the show. Bring back MAC (Kevin Dobson) and more of Knots members…

14. Kaila says:

I can’t WAIT to see these episodes!! Knot’s Landing was my favorite show in the 80s and I remember groups of us girls watching it. Can’t wait to tell my friends – maybe we’ll have a Knots Landing reunion party!

gloria replied

I cant wait toooooo. I loved Knots Landing

15. Travis says:

Ignoring Knots history i believe is a mistake. Why NOT have thier grown twins with them? Them twins would be what….28 or 29 now? Why not give an update on them and show them with big sis Lucy?

Also, Ciedre being adiment on not bringing in any other Knots characters i think is shooting her and the show in the foot. Let’s face it……………RATINGS WOULD SKY ROCKET if Ms. Mills appeared as Abby in any capacity for whatever time.

And if not bring any other characters into Dallas, why not reboot Knots?

gloria replied

I agree with you…

Travis replied

Or bring some of the Knots characters on to Dallas to serve as a launching platform for a new “Knots Laniding” reboot to be done by the same crew doing Dallas.

16. gloria says:

Please bring people from Knotslanding back… PLEASE

17. gloria says:

I wish Knotslanding would come back. Please think about it. Or have Dallas and Knotslanding together…

18. gloria says:

I feel so hurt that they will not put other Knots Landing actors on the show. Feel a big let down. I hope that they will do Knots Laning again.

19. June says:

I was hoping to see members of Knots Landing also. I hope that they can resolve this issue. Knots Landing was the best. It would be magic to see members of Knotlanding join the new Dallas. Or would be real great to have New Knots Landing after Dallas.

20. maria newcomb says:

it is going to be so nice to have gary and val back would love to see more characters and maybe a remake of knots landing. it is so nice to have some normal television on again. but larry hagman will be missed. thanks tnt for thinking of us boomers.

gloria replied

I agree with you Maria.

Gerri replied

I would love a remake of Knots!

21. Michael says:

When Bobby “died,” Gary came to his funeral during the dream season. On Knots Landing, reference was made to Bobby’s death, Gary attending his funeral and his grieving. However, these plot points and story lines on Knots were not a dream. This inconsistency resulted in no cross overs between Dallas and Knots after Bobby’s resurrection. So, if Gary and Val return, won’t they be surprised to see Bobby alive??

22. Glo says:

Anyone watch the new Dallas last night. Cynthia does not know how to get this show back. It was boring and I fell asleep. It will only be good when Knots actors come back. I sure hopw Val and Gary will be on the show more. Cant understand why they will not add more Knots actors. The new Dallas will not work without some Knots actors…

Greg Wilson replied

You are right Glo. I will not watch it. Patrick Duffy looks like he is sad and no engery. I am very sure if he had some of other actors from the past he would be happy. Wish they had Mac (Kevin Dobson) as a lawyer on the show.

Glo replied

I know, I think Mac would be great. Cynthia just does not get it.

23. Alice Duffy says:

I hope Gary and Val is a regular. Why cant they put Kevin Dobson on Dallas as the lawyer. I miss Mac tooooo. He would play the part great.

Alice

Bob Acker replied

I agree with u there Alice…

24. Ramsey says:

Cynthia Cidre I think its wonderful to have these actors back on, I love CharleneTilton but we need to get here back on track somehow…moremake-up fancey clothes or some hair extentions something Zas Zas her up! I also think it would be great to have Val and Garys twins on the show, unless they died or something ,.. I dont remember LOL keep up the great work ! I have many great ideas if you want to here them!!

25. aleutian1 says:

Well I guess I have to state the obvious problem with bringing back Valene. Umm…hasnt anyone SEEN Joan van Ark recently? Her face is way too messed up for even the best TV makeup artist to hide. If they put her on the show it will a freakshow.

sydney replied

i bet she is looking better than ever by the time it hits the airways

26. Gerri says:

I was hoping for more of Val and Gary and the twins. Now that Larry Hagman (RIP) is gone there needs to be more of the old, familiar characters to keep the original viewers interested. Loved Knots Landing and wish more of the characters could be written in.