27 February 8th, 2013 Genie Francis Previews Her Return To General Hospital & Luke and Laura’s Relationship! – Watch Access Hollywood’s Segment!

Courtesy/AccessHollywood

Monday marks the return of Genie Francis (Laura) to General Hospital!  And in this preview of her homecoming with Access Hollywood, Francis has never looked better …  check out her new darker hair color!

But it’s Francis coming home to GH for the shows 50th Anniversary that has everyone thrilled with excitement as it was Genie and her longtime scene partner, Anthony Geary (Luke), along with Gloria Monty (former executive producer, GH), who rose GH from the ashes of cancellation and it made it an iconic staple of the 80′s!

Genie tells Access Hollywood that the chemistry on-screen between her and Tony Geary that is so palpable to fans worldwide is something she wish she could just easily explain stating: “Some of it is just our chemistry as people… There’s a tremendous amount of history, both personal and professional between the two of us, so all of that comes to the stage with us. We don’t have to work for it.  It’s just coming with us… Also, part of it is what we created as Luke and Laura is really important to both of us so when we come together on the stage, we both have a very high bar.”

When teasing if this time Luke and Laura will reconcile, Genie revealed,  “I think that we should always hope for reconciliation between these two people.  I hope it doesn’t happen overnight, ‘cause that sort of skips the story and the complicated nature of [what’s happened between them]… So, no matter… even if they are apart, they are together. You realize that? I mean, if they are in the same room, there’s always going to be a little tension and a little, you know, maybe they are in denial but it’s always going to be there.”

After the jump, watch the Access Hollywood on-set interview and segment with Genie complete with some clips for a stroll down memory lane!  What was your favorite Luke and Laura moment of all-time? Was it the classic wedding? Saving the world from becoming a Tasty Freeze?  Luke marrying Laura before she went back into a catatonic state? Do you hope Luke and Laura will get together for the 50th anniversary episode?  Let us know!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Love that she’s coming back as for my fave Luke and Laura storyline, well who can forget the wedding, and i’m hoping she’s there for a long time. The previous regime was disrespectful to her and the prove of that was recently evident when JFP took over Y&R and was quick to fire her. Well she did us GH fan a favor(by accident) So welcome back Genie.

2. k/kay says:

I love the color she never looked better! No chemistry was ever better for TG then with GF they just had it. It was not forced and they never had to even say a word! Watch the 15th wedding anniversary episode GH at it’s finest.

Love her!!! I am so excited to have her back!!! Let’s get Laura and Luke back together again no matter how long it takes!!! They are the GH super couple and always have been! This is hoing to be sooooooooo much fun!!!

4. Brian Tripp says:

I can’t wait for this! Monday just can’t come soon enough for me. Thank you to Genie and Cartini for making this happen.

5. jim says:

I hope they eventually do get back together but not too soon. And when they do i hope they duplicate the classic wedding by doing it at the same place like the first one and once again Scotty catches the bridal flowers like b4 but this time its all in good fun. And like i just in a previous post, hearing about Lauras return is like wishing on a magical lamp and having a Genie(Francis) pop out and making that wish come true. Welcome back Genie Francis.

6. Michael says:

Genie is awesome- so glad that she is back on GH!

7. tasneem says:

Ooh I wanna see how Luke is gonna handle this and Anna wow this is gonna be a whopper and I can’t wait

8. west vorgina fan says:

She has great laugh lines around her eyes–she has kept herself a real person–how beautiful is that!

9. lizzing says:

Luke and Laura for me, love them.

10. takeitish says:

I love Genie Fancis and I like Tony Geary but I for one am hoping that they don’t unite Luke and Laura. I would love for her to come back married to Scott Baldwin. I would love to see that relationship explored since Scott and Laura fans were cheated of it so many years ago. Believe it or not there are still a lot of us Scott and Laura fans still out there!

11. pink says:

I love her and am glad the first person she goes to see is Lulu.Great to see those 2 together in scenes again.

12. Ces says:

Love her new hair color. She looks great!! I can’t wait for L&L to reunite but I don’t want them to rush into it .. just want to see lots & lots of scenes with her and Tony!!! :)
    Welcome back Genie. Watched their love story from day one; favorite couple of all time next to Bo & Hope on (Days).

13. Jessica says:

She has never done a thing for me, but she seems like a lovely person, and I am happy that Cartini is really mining the depths of the amazing GH history in order to bring the show back to what it was and drive story for the future. The transformation has been breathtaking and for the Genie Francis fans, I am genuinely thrilled. Personally, my cup of happiness overflowed when I saw the photo Jon Lindstrom tweeted yesterday of him, Kin and Lynn. Those three represent some of the best times GH has ever had.

14. Dan says:

Genie looks as beautiful as ever. Hard to believe she’s 50 years old. It’s amazing how fast time flies. Her portrayal of Laura has always been one of my favorite characters to watch, so I’m beyond thrilled that she’s back, and I hope they have a worthwhile story for her. Which it sounds like they do. No more comatose, women with blonde hair sitting in the chair nonsense. Can’t wait for Monday!

15. Blake says:

So glad there is finally an EP that wants her and Laura back where she should be! Glad Laura is back. I prefer Genie with blond hair, JMO.

16. Carol says:

Where is Denise Alezander. You can’t have Laura without Leslie

17. Teresa says:

I am beyond thrilled to have Genie back on GH. I also hope they don’t reconcile Luke and Laura for a good while. I love Luke’s interaction with the other ladies. Not saying I don’t want them together, but, I agree, they need the story to draw out. WELCOME BACK GENIE and Laura.

18. Andrew says:

Ah Carol, so true. Please bring back Denise Alexander as Lesley Webber. There is no one better, she has always been my favorite character. And she and Genie, they are so terrific together. A little Lesley and Monica bickering can only be good for the show.

19. nancy dillingham says:

I think they should recreate the Wyndham’s department store scene/dance-of course in an updated way. Genie and Tony can dress to the nines. They can dance and dine to “Fascination” again. When I view that scene today, it is just as fresh, timely, lush, sensual, and romantic as it was then. So, I, too, hope Luke has to woo and win Laura all over again. Can’t beat those scenes for sheer enjoyment, entertainment, and timeless storytelling in the great romantic tradition that Gloria Monty followed when she set up the story of Luke and Laura. Simply a classic. I’m waiting, Genie and Tony (and writers)!

Mary replied

Yes I watch all of the older luke and laura and they were so great together and I really hope it does happen again

20. Hummingbird says:

As Genie said, even if L&L aren’t together their always together. I think that’s absolutely true. L&L were my 1st official super couple when I was a kid. Their connection is dear to me. As long as L&L exist I will always wish them a happily ever after. I sincerely hope the new writing team understands the importance of L&L in the world of entertainment and fully respects the iconic nature of L&L. I hope the writers mission is to remain focus and committed to bringing back some of that exciting magic of the 80′s for American’s most iconic daytime super couple and fans once again. It’s all about love in the afternoon right? ;)

21. debbie says:

hope they reunite luke and laura and have a wonderful and loving storyline for them to show how deep their love goes foe each other even not being together all this time. i hope they make it explosive for luke and laura !!!!

22. Mary says:

I just that they do get luke and laura together again because they just fit, and watching laura with Scott is creepy

Rose replied

I agree…. Laura’s characture only seems to be effective as an actress, when she is with Luke. It’s like, ‘they don’t fit’ feeling, or ‘something don’t seem right’, if her companion is anyone BUT Luke….

23. Mary says:

I saw the one that they called the epic goodbye of luke and laura but seeing laura and luke kissing then all I can say is ugh

Mary replied

What I meant to say in my comment, seeing the so called epic of luke and laura saying good bye to each other was horrible and the whole luke and laura was a ripoff to fans. But then when they had laura marring Scott and luke kissing Tracy there is only one word UGH

24. Becky says:

I knows,this,was a while back but I hope Gh will reunite Luke and Laura! They belong together and always,will. They are epic and legendary and deserve one,more chapter. Endgame can’t be Tracey and Luke and Laura and Scotty! Luke and Laura are the #1 supercouple and if it can’t work for them then it can’t work for anybody! Fans still want a reunion. Luke and Laura rule and are still the golden couple!