140 February 8th, 2013 GH’s Laura Wright Tweets Easton, Howarth & Alderson Will Be Back! Is The Character Stand-Off Over?

As fans know, today is for now the last tape date we know of at General Hospital for original One Life to Live crossovers, Michael Easton (John), Roger Howarth (Todd) and Kristen Alderson (Starr)!

Meanwhile, everyone is anxiously awaiting official news from Prospect Park, and ABC and General Hospital, just how the character dispute of who will have Starr, John, and Todd on their canvas, and who will be playing the parts will resolve itself.   Over the last several weeks, this has been a red hot button issue in the soap industry and for long time fans of both OLTL and GH!

However today, Daytime Emmy winner Laura Wright (Carly, GH) tweeted a few tweets that have many speculating that  now Roger, Kristen, and Michael will be back shortly to resume working on GH!  Wright tweeted, “We are not saying goodbye to Roger, Michael and @krisalderson – just see ya in a few :) )))))  A few weeks!!! They’ll be back!!!! :) ))))”

So what do you think of Laura’s statements? Do you think this might be resolved? Weigh-in!

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Trapper says:

I think they’ll tape for a few weeks at OLTL and then at GH while they sort out storylines. It doesn’t sound like OLTL’s schedule is going to be as grueling with 4 1/2 hour eps a week, so they might be able to do several weeks worth and then jet back to LA.

Susan M. replied

DITTO!

Jamie replied

The big question is will Starr, John and Todd be back????

Blake replied

Oh that’s true Jamie, I forgot about that!!! I really hope it’s as the characters and not new ones, that would be weird and confuse fans that don’t read about these things online or in the magazines. Plus it would bite to have those characters recast on oltl

Blake replied

There will be enough newbies as it is!

Mark replied

The actors may come back as different characters. Laura Wright said the actors would be back. She didn’t say anything about their characters. I bet that OLTL recasts all their characters.

KenJ replied

oltl original characters have been contacted and agreed to come back to oltl with the exception of jessica, rex and gigi.

Matt replied

KenJ: But as Carolyn Hinsey said in this week’s Soap Opera Digest, none of them have a signed contract!

Mark replied

The 3 actors, Kristen Alderson, Michael Easton and Roger Howarth are all under contract with ABC and none of them want to go back to the east coast. If OLTL uses their characters, Starr, John and Todd, then OLTL would have to recast and GH would bring the actors back as different characters.

2. Nancy says:

Please let it be over. This is too much crap for people who love GH and OLTL.

3. Ann says:

I hope it’s just wishful thinking on her part. I never want to see Todd Manning on GH again.

currygirl replied

Totally agree. Too much drama behind the scenes

Ria replied

Love Todd on GH! He has chemistry with every single character he shares the screen with and has actually helped to make some of them more interesting. I live him with Blair but now I’d be just as happy if he ends up with Carly.

4. Diane says:

I sure hope she’s right!!

Susan M. replied

Me too!

Judith replied

Me too!!! Love Todd with Carly. They’ve shared chemistry from the very first scene they did together. Honestly, the characters of Todd and John have become an integral part of the GH canvas. Unfortunately for the character of Starr, she has been relegated to the role of Michael’s girlfriend and not much else.

Ces replied

me three!

5. MikeT says:

I hope they can be on both shows !!

Philip replied

It makes good sense for Roger, Kristen and Michael to be part of the nuOLTL to finish what story lines belong with Todd, Starr and McBain in Llanview and then return aa the same characters to GH and Port Charles. (We really need to know what Allison Perkins has done with Victor, but why put that story on GH? We want the John/Liam business settled.) So let’s patiently wait and see what happens. JMHO

6. cathy trinque says:

This is such a mess. The 3 characters and actors belong on OLTL. Sure hope this mess works out. Thanks ABC for this mess!!!!

Sheila replied

I agree. The characters belong to OLTL.

Mia replied

ITA they belong to OLTL

Gillian replied

Two of the three actors refused to sign with PP and chose to relocate to LA before GH. I don’t think they have changed their minds. The characters can return to OLTL or perhaps PP wants a large payoff to keep them on GH? Either way, I hope the actors do what they want and stay on GH. I’m a fan of both shows and have been for 35+ years. I want the actors to do what they want and work where they want.

Kim G replied

Gillian – You don’t know that RH refused to sign with PP. He doesn’t give interviews. For all we know, he could’ve been in negotiations when the PP thing fell through. ME signed, KA didn’t want. to.

Gillian replied

Kim – everything I read stated that RW did not want to sign onto PP.

Brian Tripp replied

I like Todd & Starr better on GH and McBain better on OLTL. So if anything OLTL could take John back but I want the other 2 to stay on GH. I know not everyone agrees so we will see what happens. I love both shows though so how ever it works out will be fine.

ria replied

The characters might belong to OLTL, but not the actors. The only one who signed with PP last time was ME, but now he has a contract with ABC. It’s not ABC’s fault the actors chose to sign contracts with GH. OLTL might get the characters back, but different actors will be playing them.

cathy trinque replied

I know this Ria but I don’t like it. This whole mess is because of ABC. ABC execs are a bunch of idiots.

7. Casey says:

The characters of Todd, John, & Starr belong to OLTL. The actors cant be forced to leave, but the can go back ad different people. If they don’t,OLTL will have to recast because these three character are pivotal to their canvas & interactions with the characters already signed on. Its simple, when you don’t make your car payments, your car is repossessed. Sorry, GH your car is being towed. Plus, you have many legacy veterans their that you can use. To bad that RC sucks & is all about gimmicks!!

Brian Tripp replied

I don’t want different actors playing these roles on OLT. These actors ARE these characters. I also do not want them playing different characters on GH. I think that ABC and Cartini just said that to make a point. The actors don’t want to move back to NYC fulltime but maybe they can make special trips and do both shows off and on.

Gail replied

OLTL is recasting other characters, so I don’t see why they couldn’t recast these. three…and I LOVE OLTL and want it back with all my heart. But I still don’t think it is fair to these 3 stars to be in the middle of this. I think PP letting them share is a good way to go.

8. kim says:

i hope she’s right :)

9. Christina says:

I LOVE Todd and Carly, I LOVE Michael and Starr and I LOVE John McBain on GH…………….Please don’t take them, because they have become an intricate part of GH now! Their S/L’s are AWESOME

Sheila replied

Their stories and characters are also important to OLTL.

Ces replied

ditto, ditto, ditto!!!! Love those three!

Kathie Griman replied

Definitely want to see a matchup of Sam and John McBain. That ‘s what was intended i believe. John McB is a better character in GH than in OLTL by far.

10. Debbie Harris says:

I hope this means they have reached an agreement to let the characters and actors stay on GH and also lend themselves to the new OLTL to get it started up!
    As a longtime fan of Both OLTL And GH I want the characters and the actors portraying them to stay on Both my shows!!

11. Rachel says:

I swear…..if McBain doesn’t exit Port Charles…..I’m done with GH. I love OLTL and the characters….but enough already. It’s a damn shame what Carlivati and co. have done to this show.

ria replied

Yea, it’s a damn shame GH’s ratings are higher than they have been in years. Those writers obviously have no idea what they are doing. It’s too fun to watch now that the cast has expanded beyond Sonny, Jason and Carly. Very hard to follow the story lines now that they involve more than 3 or 4 characters.

Christine replied

I love the name ‘Rachel,’ but I have to agree with ria.

I think it is wonderful that GH has an ensemble cast now. It is so refreshing to see Sonny being more human and having other things to do than being a mob boss … and on every day.

I think most of the newcomers have added to the show. I had my doubts about some, but they are fitting in. My ONLY complaint is that Elizabeth Herbst does not have much going on, but I have faith that will change.

casey replied

Yeah, it has nothing to do with legacy actors such as Kevin, Lucy, Laura, Robert, Anna, coming back. Its just the three lone characters from cancelled OLTL that brought them in. vampires, & all. Please. These characters belong to OLTL not GH. Carvalanti should have brought them on the show as new characters. Oh wait, there isn’t a creative bone in his body to do that.

Well, depending on what PP decides to do because afterall, those characters are theirs not GH’s. Sucks for the actors, but they also should have known that the possibility of PP getting the funding before the year was up was a very good possibilty. Regardless, I want these three characters for the reboot. With no mention of the disaster/trashing ReRon has done to them.

Ria replied

Casey I never said the OLTL characters were the reason GH is doing so good. My point was that FV and RC did not ruin the show, but that they probably saved it. The ratings have been going up steadily since they took over and most of the vets just started coming back recently and are only on for short stints. I love the 3 characters, and now I love them on 2 shows. It sucks that this is how things worked out, but those actors had to do what was best for them at the time. No one forced them to move to CA and sign contracts with ABC, but they did even though ABC cancelled the show where their characters originated. I hate what happened with AMC and OLTL as much as anyone, but the actors obviously got over it because they signed with the “evil” ABC anyway. They made the choice that was right for them and now everyone has to live with it. You can blame ABC for canceling the soaps, they did that, but I don’t see how anyone can blame them for the choices these actors made of their own free will.

12. Tali says:

I don’t want John McBain on GH – he belongs on OLTL with Natalie and Liam. I do hope Michael Easton can be someone else on GH (if that is what he wants-I’ll miss him) and he can be BLAH with Sam McCall.

Terri replied

I could not have said it better!

Mia replied

Tali ITA. I don’t like McBain on GH either!! He can be BLAH with Sam

Kathie Griman replied

no way

13. Joanne says:

I know they will be back! they have to finish out their story lines and start knew ones. John needs to come back for Sam & Danny like they had planned to pair them up, and Roger needs to come back to Carly, and finally Starr & Michael need to go further in their relationship. Oh and the vampire story hurry up and finish. so yeah Laura Wright is right!! LOL

Kathie Griman replied

totally agree, Joanne!

14. Christine says:

I thought GH was supposed to be black for the next two weeks anyway, so nobody should be taping.

15. erin says:

They should share the characters not actors, general hospital should have the current actors who have obviously moved to play the parts. OLTL should recast with new people. That way both shows win!

Kathie Griman replied

What is PP and when is OLTL going to be back? Had not heard that.

16. su0000 says:

the 3 are ruined for OLTL..
    They are are no longer who they once were on OL..
    How could Todd be with Blair when he is in love with Carly, and we all know he is.
    John fits like a glove in GH and he would never be seen as the John we once knew in OL his GH personalty is strong. ..
    They can not crossover.. Todd in love with Carly on GH and Blair in OL , not going to work.
    And I feel the 3 do not want to return to OL and they would not go with PP anyways.
    The 3 are now totally true GH ..
    and they would not be the same to fans no matter what in OL ,,

Patricia replied

they most certainly could be who they were on oltl. Just have to get them there and away from ron and franks horrible writting. i dont agree with todd and carly i dont believe todd is in love with her i dont care what anyone says. And todd and carly are SOOOO BORING together its painful to watch. I dont like john on gh i LOVED him on oltl. I dont see them as totally true GH never will these three have family and children and loved ones in llanview and thats where they belong in llanview.

Tali replied

Agree Patricia!

Mia replied

Patricia I’m with you, not to long ago Todd wanted Blair, now he wants Carly. I don’t like McBain on GH, I LOVED him OLTL.

Kim G replied

Yes, they can cross back. The three belong on OLTL, they are not true GH’ers to everyone. Todd doesn’t love Carly. Even Carly knows that one whiff of Blair and he’d be gone. RC has destroyed Todd. Get Todd out of his hands and back on OLTL. McBain basically acts the same so there is no problem with him being seen as John. They are OLTL characters and are needed on that show.

lilou replied

But Todd played by Roger Howarth wants to stay on GH !
    Todd is great on GH anyway, he has lot’s of new stories and new characters to play off with and it works. Blair and co can have their own stories on OLTL reboot.
    Maybe one day he could come back on OLTL but for now he is a great character for GH imho.

Kim G replied

Lilou – Roger Howarth has never publicly said what he wants to do.

17. KateK says:

I hope its true, & I hope there back for good! I want them at GH. None of the characters have any reason to be in Lainview, they have no story there. But they tape so far ahead, how can they write for them? So Ill believe it when I see it.

Tali replied

LMAO – No story in Llanview????? The characters belong in Llanview – keep the actors/actresses I don’t care!

18. JoAnn says:

My problem with this is she only mentions the actor’s names…not the characters. We already knew that ABCD “owns” the actors while PP owns the characters. The only announcement I’m waiting for is that Roger Howarth’s Todd Manning ends up on my TV…don’t care if it’s from HuluPlus (OLTL-PP) or network television (GH-ABCD). Wish ABCD would play nice with PP and allow all the OLTL actors to cross over from time to time. The only thing that I’m absolutely sure of is that this is a complete mess and of course I will be watching AMC, OLTL and GH no matter what the outcome!
    On another note…thank you Michael for keeping the fans informed…YOU ABSOLUTELY ROCK!!!

19. jim says:

As i said numerous times i see no reason why the two shows cant do crossovers. John, Todd, and Starr could return briefly to OLTL to wrap up old storylines and then return to new home GH. Both shows could swap a few characters in the beginning like Natalie visiting John in PC with Liam who might have a medical crises and are flown to General Hospital for special treatments. Then both shows can move on with new stories. GH could pair John with Sam, and OLTL could pair Natalie with Cutter who redeems himself in Clints eyes after rescuing Viki from another attack by crazy Alison Perkins. I want drama on the screen and not behind the scenes. ENOUGH ALREADY ABC AND PROSPECT PARK. YOU BOTH GOT SOMETHING GOOD GOING. DONT RUINED IT FOR US FANS IF YOU WANT OUR SUPPORT!

becky h replied

the characters belong on OLTL

jim replied

Skye Chandler belonged on AMC but she ended up on GH without it being no big deal. ID wish the trio were on OLTL were they originated but i dont mind watching them on GH too. I hope they do crossovers so i can enjoy them on both shows.

Tali replied

That’s a joke – John McBain belongs with Natalie & Liam, but if Michael Easton wants to stay in GH let him only as someone else! That someone else can be with Sam McCall.

jim replied

Sometimes not everyone ends up with or stays with who the belong. I wouldnt mind M.E. playing another character on GH but that wouldnt work well with the other two actors who play Todd and Starr. While M.E. could easily fit in as Caleb it would be a little too crazy seeing Todd and Starr return as completely different characters with no connection to the show after Todd and Starr have already settled in and are part of Micheals and Carlys story. If they do return to gh as different characters theyd have to be in different plotline for me to accept them. I doubt theyll go back to OLTL fulltime but i wish the actors would. I settle for crossover stories for now but whatever happens ill just be glad when everythings settled.

20. toscanti says:

Good!!!!!!!!

21. lisa says:

Yay …but will they be playing their current roles.

22. Enrique Buenrostro says:

I find it awfully convenient for her to tweet this when a few days ago she tweeted that she knew nothing. Aren’t the actors under some gag order? Something is not right here. Also ABC and PP need to announce something before blurting stuff out.

Matt replied

Convenient in what way?

23. Joe says:

I get the legalities of the situation, but, haven’t these execs learned by now that they should be working TOGETHER? The soap industry,be it on TV or online NEEDS to work together after nearly being wiped out. There should be cross overs to get people to watch it ALL!

24. TraceyDelehanty says:

I love Todd and Starr. And johnmcbain on gh. Love Patrick and Emma. Get rid of vampire story and Brittany.

25. k/kay says:

I know everybody hates the vampire story but I have to say I am getting a kick out of ME. And does anybody else think the actor playing Rafe looks like the actor who played on the Twilight movies I think his name was jake in the movie/the guy that turns into a wolf the actors name escapes me.

Gillian replied

Michael Easton is such a great actor. His portrayal of Caleb was always mesmerizing. No matter how evil Caleb was, he was fun to watch because of ME. And Easton’s portrayal was so layered that the viewer was always torn. Caleb was evil yet you wanted him to be redeemed.

Christine replied

k/kay,

I don’t hate the vampire story. I just hope they do it justice by playing it out, but not milking it dry. As I told you, I watched PC back in the day and I don’t want to see a mockery out of it.

Taylor something, I think (Twilight). He is darker than the young man who plays Rafe.

I enjoy Michael Easton as Caleb, as always, but what little I have seen, he seems MUCH more mean than Caleb of PC ever was. He has the sexiness down, but if what we are seeing is the real deal, I find it hard to believe Caleb would have killed Alison by stabbing her. I would have thought he would have sucked her blood – now this is if Caleb really is a vampire. We still have to wait and see it all unfold. For all we know, Caleb could be some mentally disturbed man with DID who thinks he is a vampire or Lucy thinks he is.

In any event, I am dying to find out why Lucy and Alison are the only ones that believe the above and whether or not “Kevin/Doc” is actually Ryan and that is why he denied having a daughter named Livvie.

Cindy replied

I agree. I don’t think of Caleb as mean. This portrayal is much different than I recall.

Ces replied

hate the vampire story, love Michael Easton :)

Cindy replied

Me, too. Love ME!

su0000 replied

Not ”everybody” hates the vampire story; don’t speak for all..
    I for one of a great many do love it..
    It is very cool and pure soap..
    It is different and I love the connection of the 2 soaps, PC and GH, once again, as in days of old..

Renee replied

I agree… I love, love, love the vampire story as I have said before. I watched Port Charles back in the day also. I loved Michael Easton then and I still do. He is an awesome actor. Boring? I don’t know what planet the person that said that fell off of. Also, Kelly Monaco was amazing back then as Livie and she still is as Sam. The deal is the actor has to have the right storyline wrote for them. I thought she did an excellent job when Jason “died”.

ria replied

I’m loving the “vampire” story too! ME is much more fun as Caleb than he is as John McBain. I like John too, but he is so serious all the time.

Chatty Cathy replied

The Twilight actor who turned into werewolf is named Taylor Laughtner.

Love Michael Easton no matter what he does. The storyline for him on GH now is wonderfully entertaining, multidimensional and conflicted, LOVE IT!

26. Tina Gray says:

Gotta remember. Lots of GH fans are OLTL fans. I want my OLTL back. There are too many people that we lost on GH. Bring them back and let OLTLers go back to OLTL.

Rachel replied

AMEN TINA!!!!!! These are OLTL characters NOT GH. With Anna, Duke, Frisco, Lucy, AJ, Scotty, and Laura back….there are more than enough faces from the history of GH to pick up the slack. Send McBain and co BACK to Llanview!!!!

Mia replied

Rachel, I agree!! McBain should go back to llanview!!

boes replied

I agree, although of the three, I think Todd has fit in best at GH.

Just wondering – who else would you bring back to GH?

su0000 replied

Nobody seems to be considering that the 3 may not want to go on with PP..
    they did not a year ago and now that they are GH cast and seem to be loving their their new home on GH and the west coast, I doubt they will even go on with PP/OL..

Just because PP wants the characters they do have the actors an all 3 could say no we do not want leave GH and we do not want to go back east or go on with PP.
    Then both soaps will not have them lol .. but, somehow VF and RC would find a way to keep them on GH :)

Christine replied

“Nobody seems to be considering that the 3 may not want to go on with PP…”

Oh now, su0000, don’t be a hypocrite and speak for “all” of us. :-) Just keeping you on your toes – I really enjoy your posts. ;-)

I am with the small minority that believes the ACTORS should get to do what they want. Most people seem to forget the fact that they are ACTORS and deserve to live their lives the way they want to and have no one to answer to but themselves and their families. I wonder how it would be if the shoe were on the other foot?

In any event, I think comments for this thread should have been limited to Laura Wright’s comments and not beating the dead horse about where the characters belong and how much so and so hates the way GH is and how this and that believes the characters belong with OLTL. Enough already.

casey replied

Incorrect su0000, ME was actually one of the first to sign with PP when OLTL ended, but when funding fell through the deal did too.

Joanna replied

Actually ME did sign with PP. And if the actors decide not to go back than recast.

Tali replied

Ditto!

su0000 replied

Actually ME did not sign a contract as others did he was pending..
    He mentioned if it would help save the soap etc, but he did not deal as the others did..
    He is on GH, goes to show :)

the 3 on GH are there because they are the actors who were free of contracts to be there.. And Natalie was not free to be there and FV could not get her released ..

It is a mess, but the 3 seem to have no interest in PP/OL or they would be speaking up that they are now happy to return to OL, and they are not, not a word from them lol :)

27. Pam K says:

I am sure there is now a fair phalanx of lawyer / agent types that are now scrambling around trying to get a lid on this so they can make a formal legit announcement. I would rather see Todd dead than be with Carly.

28. emtk says:

The only thing that makes sense is for them to be on both OLTL and GH. But, since when does ABC do anything that makes sense?!

29. becky h says:

Ok so they will be back but who will they be playing? I am so over this, they can keep the actors but leave the characters alone, they are oltl not gh. It is only fair that those characters remain with their original soap even if we have to deal with recasts.

su0000 replied

So wrong.. The 3 are now of GH .. GH is their soap now, not OL ..
    So what if they were once were on OL they are now of GH and doing a smashing job!

GH is their ticket.. more pay, a network top soap, and in CA.
    Why would they even want to return to OL ?
    when asked last year Todd and Starr said NO , they did not want to be with OL/PP and now that they have careers with GH which is in CA where they live, no way do they want back with OL ..
    Just because some fans want them back they well may not want to go back.

Waltina Harris replied

Just because some fans want them to stay that may not happen either. I say if they don’t want to stay if I was PP I would say OK, then we will retain the character name and GH can call them something else. The name of Todd, Starr, and John belong on OLTL and if I was running PP I would recast and use these name as they belong to PP. Let GH explain why there is no Starr, Todd, or John characters on their show, but these actors with different names. Some fans say they belong on GH. Maybe the actors but not the names of character that belong on another show. Is this being vindictive —maybe so but OLTL is trying to get their show started again and need want may be considered as three of their characters. GH fans never have considered that on OLTL these characters have families. Todd has one son and a daughter besides Starr, John had a girlfriend and a son Liam(and fan want him with Danny andSam when he has a son), and Starr has a brother, sister(who she never mention) cousin name Sam (Uncle Victor’s son , who she did refer to as her brother), mother, Aunts and Cousins. In other words as I mentioned these three have families. There are fans who still care about these families and three people are missing from them.
    I’m sure Sam can find a lover and daddy for Danny. Carly can find another man she always does I’m sure the writers will insist that she have one, and Michael can find a girlfriend that want lead him around by the nose. I say Ellie.

30. Lynn says:

I really don’t think she knows anything, I think people are just jumping to conclusions on her tex I’m really how would she know over anyone else? In this whole mess with soaps Cxd ext . The actors have been the very last to know I think that is still the case here and that is her wishful thinking. Kinda like when I say bye to my realitives out of state I always say see you soon when I don’t know when I really see them agai. And know its not good he forever. I really think this is just a over reaction to her tweet all over the Internet….I think the charcters need to go home to Llanview.

Mia replied

I wonder How LW knew b4 everyone else?

31. Ann says:

And that is exactly how it should be, back on GH permanently. They do not want to go back and forth to be on both shows and who can blame them. GH is their home now!

32. Matt says:

I love Ron Carlivati’s writing for both OLTL and GH! I’m sure he and his writers will be able to work this out and I look forward to seeing how they do it!

33. Ces says:

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Roger & Laura together onscreen!! They have tremendous chemistry! Losing Roger on GH would be horrible. I just adore this guy. Hope they are all back onscreen where they belong.

With everything that ABC has done to OLTL and GH… and with everything that has transpired with PP since we first heard about them buying the rights to OLTL… and with everything that all of the actors/actresses from those shows has had to endure… I want what is best for Roger, Michael and Kristen and all…then when that has been addressed I hope it benefits both GH and OLTL and lastly if it benefits ABC and PP… that’s ok… but if we get the two shows and great stories, great characters and our faves working again and having fun… don’t we all win!!!

35. Lew S. says:

I think she is right and it makes sense.

36. Joanna says:

I don’t even understand why GH needs OLTL’s CHARACTERS!! They are bringing back all there greats (Laura, Frisco, Scotty) so let PP have its characters back. John , Todd and Starr are very important characters in Llanview and I’m not sure how succesful OLTL will be without them. Also sorry GH fans bt John leaving HIS FAMILY, HIS SON to race A hitman’s son makes him look really bad. John has HIS OWN SON he doesn’t need someone else’s, and to be honest I find him bland and boring on GH with no direction, he just seems to float around. When he moved to Llanview he had his brother Michael there and even his mother and cousin spent time there so he fit and took roots in town. Who does he have in Port Charles the answer to that is no one. Send the Character of John back to OLTL and hoe the writers can fix him. I won’t even get into how they just wiped out Starrs family and how Todd never mentions his 2 other children. If PP doesn’t take back their characters I am not sure I will be intrested in either show.

Tali replied

I wish Joanna! PP and ABC are going to mess around and I’m getting to where I might not watch either. I guess it’s one of those cases – “Be Careful what you wish for!” Wishing for OLTL – but the way it was!

this is like a soap within a soap, holly crap, well, besides GH being the best soap currently on the air, it looks like PP is the second, with all this drama, lol, i hope things workout for everyone, I’m a GH fan first but i did like OLTL, and I can see PP point, all you have to do is watch how interesting and fun this trio is on GH and it makes sense for OLTL to want those characters, but i think these characters are much more interesting with the GH group then they would be with the OLTL group. all you have to do is watch all the charactrers interactin to see the chemistry this Cast totally has with one another.

Tali replied

NOPE – they had the same chemistry with OLTL casts and then some.

38. Elhu says:

I love Laura’s positive attitude, and I hope it is from her mouth to God’s ears, and who knows, hopefully it is true. I am a long time OLTL and GH fan, and adored all three of these characters on OLTL (especially John with Natalie and Liam), but they are all now immersed into the GH storyline, so I would hate to see that end, and they all fit in perfectly in Port Charles. Ideally, I would love crossovers, but I am sure that is not easy, especially with one being filmed in California, and the other in Connecticut. Ultimately, I hope each of them get to do what they want to do, and I wish them all the best of luck.

39. Judy B says:

I find it kind of amusing that when the OL characters came to GH people were up in arms saying Gh was being turned into OLTL but now there is an uproar that they may have to leave. As a life long OL fan, I feel the characters are integral to OLTL and I want them back. I would not miss Starr or John on the GH canvas. John is just boring with Sam. But, I do have to say, that “Todd” has fit in very well with the GH story lines. But Roger is outstanding no matter where he goes. OLTL-ers need our characters back though!!! Their stories were at their peak when OLTL went off the air. We need resolution.

casey replied

Word!!!!

40. Scott (ATWT Fan) says:

I have a feeling they’ll crossover to OLTL for the online premiere, then stay on GH, and then spend summer months in Llanview. But the move won’t be permanent.

su0000 replied

LOL .. I can see it now..
    On Mondays Todd is in Port Charles with Carly all in love with her and all that good entangled stuff..
    Then on Friday he is Llanview with Blair doing nasty and all that stuff..
    Back and forth between loving Carly and loving Blair would be very hard to do LOL

And ME/McBain in the Port Charles on Wed. doing his cop stuff,,
    and on Tuesdays he’s in Llanview looking for a job LOL

And Starr in llanview on the phone everyday with Michael her love.. Then she will back in Port Charles and hmm all this crossover stuff will not work.

Todd is love and has proclaimed his love for Carly, I know that as do others..
    He will be wired with Blair now ..

And ‘sdies I LOVE CALEB!!!

41. Cheryl says:

I have to say, if the characters of Todd, John and Starr are recast on the OLTL reboot, I am going to 100% hate ABC for screwing over what should be an awesome moment. Yes, the show can and WILL succeed regardless, but to a lot of people, myself included, you cannot replace the actors in these roles. Just the thought makes me sad. I pray that they’ve worked something out for both shows to continue and do well.

Tali replied

My feelings too Cheryl. I’m not even looking forward to OLTL without Michael Easton.

Ria replied

What if the actors don’t want to sign with PP? 2 of them didn’t the first time around and no one for Ed them to sign with ABC. I am just as furious with ABC as everyone else for canceling AMC & OLTL, but I don’t see how you can blame them for this mess. If PP was so positive they were going to be able to make this work, they should never have “loaned” out their characters. I live the characters on both shows and I feel like they helped to keep OLTL sort of alive. I loved everytime they mentioned people back in Llanview and how Kate was reading Vickie’s book and stuff like that makes me think that RC was also trying to keep OLTL alive and on people’s minds. To me, Frons was the main villan here and thankfully he is gone. I really believe there is hope for GH now and FV and RC are great! So many fans were thrilled when they signed on with PP the first time around because they were a huge part of OLTL success, now everyone is bashing them and saying they are ruining GH. If they were able to go with PP now I’m sure you all would be singing a different tune about them too.

Tali (not Smith) replied

I am looking fwd to OLTL and support all PPs efforts to bring our show back. They have had great success in signing most of the actors to reprise their roles. I really don’t understand the mentality of the fan who won’t watch a show if one or two favorites won’t be coming back. If you are a fan of a show, you are a fan of the whole ensemble. If all you are is a fan of a particular actor, then you sell yourself short and the show too when you limit yourself to not experiencing the full range of talent being offered. I like ME. I love RH. But if they don’t make it back for one reason or another it is laughable to me that that is truly a deal breaker for some people who I would hesitate to call a fan of the show. You are just hung up on an actor.

Dee replied

Well said Ria I totally agree with you.

42. Tali (not Smith) says:

The characters belong first and foremost to OLTL. I do hope to see crossovers but am very unhappy with the farcical romance of Todd and Carly. Carly trumps Todd in testosterone every time. She completely unmans and out mans him in every scene. A formerly tormented and complex character, it was dismaying to see him reduced to being hauled around by his ear today. What’s next, a Todd clown car? SOS Todd back to OLTL as even the mighty Roger Howarth cant save this current incarnation of the character.

redheart replied

Very well said. Todd on GH has become a castrated buffoon with his manly parts lost in the bottom of Carly’s purse (like so many men before him). Please get him back to OLTL, but whatever happens, I just want this pale imitation of Todd Manning put out of his (and my) misery.

43. Emily says:

My wish is for the 3 to return to OLTL:)
    In the end just have the actors happy and a decision made!!

44. su0000 says:

The character belong to PP not the actors, and the actors do not belong anywhere except where they want to be ..
    If they do not want to go on with OL/PP and want to stay with GH, good for them and the best decision they could make for themselves would be stay with GH for many reasons..

You could get the 3 characters back to OL but you may not the actors, that is their decision, and it is obvious they want to stay on GH, as they did not sign on with PP the first time around. (they did not want go with PP)

45. Sandy says:

I guess I understand why they must return, to OLTL. But it doesn’t seem fair. The show was cancelled. The actors moved on., Now they are being uprooted and made to return to a cancelled show. Leave them at GH and let OLTL, figure out a storyline….without those 3.

Dee replied

The actors are not being uprooted the characters are. PP will get the characters back and have to recast and GH will keep the actors and will have to create new roles. In ME case he can become a human version of Caleb Morley.

46. Kathleen says:

I hope so I really like seeing them on GH but I also like them on oltl too dam maybe they can visit both places that work lol.

Dee replied

That would be hard GH is filmed in CA and OLTL will be filmed in Conn. The commute would be a nightmare in the winter. Conn is currently digging out of it’s latest snow storm. IF ME,RH amd KA were working on OLTL now they would be stranded. ME and RH have young kids at home that I am sure they want to spend their free time with . The commute for the actors would make sharing a bad idea. The shared story lines would be a turn off to RC and FV. OLTL will want John and Natalie and GH would want John and Sam. GH would want Todd and Carly and OLTL would want Todd and Blair. Finally GH would want Starr with Micheal and OLTL would resuurect Cole and her daughter.
    How could the characters live different lives with different people between two soaps?

I say give the characters back and let the actors move on to new roles on GH.

Just watched Friday’s episode and will gladly enjoy a break from the vampire character of Caleb…

If the character of John McBain is a no go on GH… let ME come back as somebody else and let this whole vampire arc be a dream of Lucy’s and we went along for the ride up until now.

48. Linda says:

I want them back as Carly and Todd are a good couple and two of the best actors on GH. Starr and Michael are also a good couple. They all add to GH which was down in the ratings a year ago. Also want John back as John and not in that silly vampire storyline.

49. Julie Lomoe says:

I’m so glad to have found this site – thaks to the people on “Revive Port Charles” on Facebook. I’m loving the recent story lines and especially Michael Easton as Caleb Morley. He makes the best vampire ever!

50. marfa says:

Frankly I’m tired of all the bickering. They belong to us OLTL. But if they want to stay there, then I say good riddance.
    I don’t think there should have been a fight about it to begin with, they should have just returned.

I like the other Todd better anyway now even though he’s not really Todd, so lets try and get him back on OLTL and leave Roger to his GH.

51. iPadPapa says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the deal PP and ABC made, is to even allow GH characters to go between OLTL and back to GH, as well as the original OLTL characters crossings between GH and back.

I think Prospect Park and ABC have seen the characters on both SOAPs are popular, and may have licensed ALL and ANY of them to go between both, or all three. (AMC included too)

It can only help kick off the both PP productions, and also publicize GH on the PP online stories as well.
    They’d both be promoting each others productions, making the ratings sky-rocket on each.

Maybe Laura meant she’ll be seeing them in ‘Llanview’ … :-) … to follow Todd, and get Blair jealous.

With Prospect Park filming only 30 minute episodes, to be viewed only 4 times a week, the schedule for all the actors won’t be so tight, and they won’t have to give-up their LA and/or NY homes to be on either story.

The actors may get ‘double-pay’ for being on two, or even three stories, and can manage that, if the online stories don’t need them as steady actors all the time, from GH , OLTL or even AMC established characters.

I’m thinking all these stories will eventually be somehow combined, to use all of them, from time to time, when each production may need it.

Imagine Anna going to Llanview to track-down Todd, or some such other storyline. – but the possibilities are endless like that. :-)

Anyway, … just a thought, … and my 2 cents worth :)

Dee replied

Again the crossover thing cannot work. GH is filmed in LA and OLTL will be filmed somewhere in Conn. It’s not like the actors are going around the corner to another studio to film their scenes they would have to fly clear across the country. Who is going to pay for the commute ? Then there is the problem of story line continuity.

PP knows this share thing will not work. They are setting themselves up to be the victim. They know a commute of over 2,000 miles for the actors and shared story lines is not a win win for anyone but PP. They hope if ABC rejects the offer it will look like they tried to share but ABC and the actors were not willing., In reality their hard core stance on the issue will make them look bad not ABC or the actors.

52. iPadPapa says:

I understand your point, but each of those matchings makes for a really good SOAP storyline too :)

Carly wants Todd, and so may Blair, if Thomas isn’t in the story any longer.
    John and Natalie and Sam makes a good SOAP love triangle. Cole and the daughter are “dead” to the story, so Michael can still have Starr. I don’t think OLTL will try to bring them back to life.

In the hands of a good writer, or writing team, with cooperation between both productions, it could work, at least in the short term, until all this is sorted out.

As for commuting, they record more than one show per day with these SOAPs. This online thing is less time per show, so its easier to do more shows in one day, and the actors could do advanced scenes to be used at times when the story needs it, and then go back to do their “regular stories”.
    To receive extra pay, I’d think they wouldn’t mind the commute.

For the sake of publicity, for each show, they may consider it, and pay the traveling tab.
    Like paying for advertising, it’s an accepted expense.

It’s just because this idea’s new, is why it seems it’s impossible to carry out.

I don’t know how “underhanded” Prospect Park is, or isn’t , but it would do them a world of good, as well as ABC, to have ABC allow some “money off” the price of the licensing fees charged to PP to off-set the extra traveling expenses. As well as PP allowing the characters to be on GH and back to OLTL and AMC, and both productions could advertise each others stories ON each others “channels”.

It may sound “crazy” now, but look what happened when the OLTL few cast members appeared on GH.
    No one thought that would work either.
    It was so popular, that GH was able to get the Veteran actors back, and the show got even more ratings.

I know, … There are many things to consider, and work out, … but between the two writing teams, they could really make it work, and create something never attempted before. My main concern is the Lawyers.
    They’ll have to figure-out the legal issues between this, but it’s still do-able.

The Fans have to stop making demands about “not allowing” *their characters* to be on any other storyline. It’s funny how “possessive” some of these Fans can be, and also hateful towards the characters or even the actual actors portraying them.

Have you seen some of the tweets regarding this. Connie’s “son” was one such casualty.
    Many tweets saying how they wanted him off the show, but after he was gone, these same people said, “…why’d they get rid of him, I was starting to like him…” :)
    Other hateful tweets, regarding the other OLTL characters, too. How people can be so hurtful is shocking.

The SOAP opera is an endangered species, and needs something to bring it back into the mainstream of the publics eye. People shouldn’t be afraid of change, and these stories need some new angle to get new viewers interested.

This is just one idea to consider.
    My 2 cents again, … for a total of 4 cents, so far. … LOL :)

Ok, … you can all go back to ranting again, … or even hate me if y’all like. ;)

iPadPapa replied

I just wanted to make it clear, I know Connie’s “son” wasn’t one of the OLTL characters.
    I’m just mentioning that because of the tweets I’ve read, regarding many of the newer GH, as well as OLTL characters, that were VERY nasty.

Even some of the regular GH actors, as well, we’re targeted with this nasty tweeting binge.

Lighten-up people. Give the story a chance to develop.
    Stop fast forwarding thru it and just watch. You’ll find yourself getting into it easier, and you’ll start to really enjoy the energy of the story, more.

53. susanmz says:

I’m glad. I like all these characters on GH.

54. Tylee says:

Sticky Situation…
    Here what I want to happen:
    Starr – Send Kris and her back to OLTL. She’s not the same on GH. She’s so much better when she has the Cramers backing her up.
    Todd – RHTodd could be on either. He could do very well on GH. I love him the same way I did on OLTL when on GH… but again, Todd is at his best when Blair is present. For that reason, I would prefer Todd back on OLTL, too. HOWEVER, Todd isn’t Todd when it’s not RH, so if RH stays in CA but can’t be Todd on GH, and doesn’t take part in PP, I don’t want Todd on either show.
    John – I like John on both. He’s still John to me either way. I like him with the PCPD. I liked him with LPD. He’s a cop. He works with both shows.

What I think WILL happen:
    KA – honestly I have no clue. Michael and Starr will prolly be over.
    RH – prolly back on GH as a different character with brief stops at OLTL
    ME – GH as Caleb. Byebye John.

55. Judy Whitney says:

I think that Laura Wright is a smart lady who doesn’t let much get past her…so, I’m not positive, but I think that she’s right.

56. Kathie Griman says:

I hope they all three stay. Hate it that they make John McBain out to be Caleb. The actors from OLTL have made a definite improvement on GH. Not sure about Blair because she isn’t in it much or Tea. But leave the other 3 where they are. They are terrific. Would love to see Sam with mcBain. WHat a couple!

57. Kathie Griman says:

What is the problem anyway?

58. vikkye v.. says:

i love all 3 characters better on gh than oltl.. i have watched both since i could remember but i prefer them on gh!!