Over the last several weeks, On-Air On-Soaps has seen an alarming increase in hostile comments from site posters that are violating guidelines set by this site. Many of these comments lack human decency, are out of line, and completely disrespectful to the feelings of others.
These comments have turned off site visitors and fans, who would also like to participate and share their views about what people have to say in the specific topic being discussed in a post. To be clear: the initial starting question for discussion in a post is generated by me at the end of each news post. That is what site posters should be paying attention to when posting a comment, which starts a “thread”, if you will, to open up the discussion.
The moderators have been trying valiantly to keep up with: the constant influx of negativity, insults hurled at one another by the posters (which has become a chronic condition), and the offensive way in which people are feeling a sense of entitlement that they can post snide and contrite comments, and that this behavior is acceptable.
The moderators have tried multiple ways to diffuse the situation: not allowing others who have been attacked to fire back and thus not approving their comment, allowing the comments in the hope of putting in end to the conversation between two posters and resolving the conflict, and not approving the offensive comment at all. However, nothing has tempered the situation.
I would like each of you to remember this: I work very hard to bring you the content I do every day, and I cannot, and will not, have my brand tarnished, because some posters are making it impossible for others to enjoy the content and scaring away other people from wanting to participate. In addition, the site regulars have to also watch their step – the constant back and forth with each other is not on point with the topic discussed in an individual post.
So it’s up to all of you, the beloved community members of On-Air On-Soaps. Are you going to help us clean up this village? We need your help. We value everyone’s right to an opinion, and welcome them to post, and want them to enjoy doing so, but it can’t be at the expense of others.
So here are the posting guidelines so there is no misunderstanding:
- There will not be any offensive or rude comments about actors on this site. This also extends to personal attacks on writers and producers, and behind the scenes personnel. If you want to comment on the character they play, or a storyline they write, or a show they produce, and you are not happy with that is one thing, but attacking them personally, is another. These are real human beings treat them as such. They not a punching bag or a butt of a joke.
- Continuing to post ad nauseum the same thing over and over again: example: comments on the character of Alexis Davis.
- Anti-gay, racism, bigotry, and any intolerant comments for human beings will immediately be disapproved.
- Going off-topic: please do not make a side thread of comments unrelated to the main discussion as it becomes an unreadable experience for people to have to sift through when they just want to know about the comments on the topic and people’s point of view on it.
- Any poster who continues to incite other posters with verbal attacks will be blocked from commenting on this site permanently.
Thank you for reading this, and I hope you will take a moment to hit your own personal reset button, and let’s enjoy the soaps and have fun with it together, and not tear each other down in the process.