Early last month, Daytime Emmy Award winning writer for B&B and Y&R Jerry Birn, passed away in his sleep. Patty Weaver (Gina, Y&R), his wife, was by his side at the time of his death on what was their 15th wedding anniversary. He was 86 years old. At that time no immediate plans for his memorial service had been planned, but we learned that over this past weekend, friends, colleagues and family gathered for an amazing tribute and memorial service to this legendary man. Y&R’s Doug Davidson (Paul) was one of four people to eulogize Jerry and gave a wonderful speech. Attendees included: B&B’s head writer and executive producer Brad Bell,former Y&R star Victoria Rowel,l and current Y&R veteran, Melody Thomas Scott. Those were just a few names among many, many others from daytime, who paid their tributes to this beloved creator in the soap world. Our thoughts and prayers are with Patty and the Birn family through this difficult time.
News - Soap Buzz
1 January 12th, 2010 Jerry Birn Memorial Service held- Y&R & B&B stars pay their respects
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
Days of our Lives stars: A Martinez and Galen Gering were the very special guests in the latest DAYS Hangout hosted by On-Air On-Soaps Michael Fairman. Participating soap fans had the opportunity to pose questions to the actors, in which now viewers were able to take away some intriguing story teases and what is to come when A debuts as Eduardo, the father of the Hernandez clan, and who he may mix it up with in Salem. Galen discusses his latest hot storylines on DAYS: from the serial killer to Rafe's crush on Hope, and teases yet another major interesting story is to come. Watch the replay of the hangout below, and check out what the guys had to say! Leave a comment »
- GH's Billy Miller Interview: The Challenges Of Playing Jake, Writing Regime Switch & The Women Of Port Charles!
- Y&R's Peter Bergman Dishes The Jack/Marco Showdown & His Soap Life As A Doppelganger!
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Is Morgan Corinthos Bipolar?
- Days of our Lives First Three Episodes By Writing Regime Of Griffith & Higley! What Were Your Impressions?
- B&B's Karla Mosley, Obba Babatunde & Anna Maria Horsford Interview: A Family Struggles To Accept Their Transgender Daughter!