Early last month, Daytime Emmy Award winning writer for B&B and Y&R Jerry Birn, passed away in his sleep. Patty Weaver (Gina, Y&R), his wife, was by his side at the time of his death on what was their 15th wedding anniversary. He was 86 years old. At that time no immediate plans for his memorial service had been planned, but we learned that over this past weekend, friends, colleagues and family gathered for an amazing tribute and memorial service to this legendary man. Y&R’s Doug Davidson (Paul) was one of four people to eulogize Jerry and gave a wonderful speech. Attendees included: B&B’s head writer and executive producer Brad Bell,former Y&R star Victoria Rowel,l and current Y&R veteran, Melody Thomas Scott. Those were just a few names among many, many others from daytime, who paid their tributes to this beloved creator in the soap world. Our thoughts and prayers are with Patty and the Birn family through this difficult time.
News - Soap Buzz
1 January 12th, 2010 Jerry Birn Memorial Service held- Y&R & B&B stars pay their respects
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- Hollywood Heights
- One Life To Live
- True Blood
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
The Young and the Restless Amelia Heinle (Victoria) chats with Michael Fairman right after winning the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. Amelia admits her surprise at winning, how bittersweet it was to win along with her former co-star Billy Miller, and she shared more about her touching acceptance where she acknowledged her sister who is battling cancer. As we said on a recent Soap Nation Live broadcast that featured Amelia, this was one of our favorite moments of Emmy night below! Leave a comment »
- DAYS Kristian Alfonso Chats On Upcoming Scenes That Help Resolve Bo & Hope, Daniel Cosgrove & That Tearful Goodbye To Nick!
- GH Executive Producer Frank Valentini On What's Next In Story For Jason Thompson: A Lot Will Happen With Patrick Over The Summer & Into The Fall!
- Teresa Castillo Reveals Her Imminent Return To General Hospital!
- William deVry and Lisa LoCicero Interview - General Hospital - 41st Annual Daytime Creative Arts Emmys
- DAYS OF OUR LIVES: Sami Lays The Smackdown On Abigail!