Early last month, Daytime Emmy Award winning writer for B&B and Y&R Jerry Birn, passed away in his sleep. Patty Weaver (Gina, Y&R), his wife, was by his side at the time of his death on what was their 15th wedding anniversary. He was 86 years old. At that time no immediate plans for his memorial service had been planned, but we learned that over this past weekend, friends, colleagues and family gathered for an amazing tribute and memorial service to this legendary man. Y&R’s Doug Davidson (Paul) was one of four people to eulogize Jerry and gave a wonderful speech. Attendees included: B&B’s head writer and executive producer Brad Bell,former Y&R star Victoria Rowel,l and current Y&R veteran, Melody Thomas Scott. Those were just a few names among many, many others from daytime, who paid their tributes to this beloved creator in the soap world. Our thoughts and prayers are with Patty and the Birn family through this difficult time.
News - Soap Buzz
1 January 12th, 2010 Jerry Birn Memorial Service held- Y&R & B&B stars pay their respects
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
Y&R's Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe) sat down with Michael Fairman to discuss her return to the top-rated soap. During their interview, Liz weighs-in on: Chloe's vendetta and part in Adam's "death", the guilt she feels for destroying her best friend Chelsea's life, if Kevin and Chloe will move back toward a romantic entanglement, and if Bella will be revealed to br Billy's biological daughter. and more! Liz also shares her experience working with all-stars, Justin Hartley, Eric Braeden, Jason Thompson, Greg Rikaart, and Melissa Claire Egan. Watch the video below! Leave a comment »
- Is Jeff Webber Coming Back To GH! If So, Who Should Play The Part?
- Justin Hartley Confirms His Depature From The Young and the Restless Via Heartfelt Thank You Message!
- Kassie DePaiva Discloses Her Battle with Leukemia
- Y&R's 11,000th Episode On Set Celebration: EP Mal Young Touches On Legacy, Vision & Superlatives Of Top-Rated Soap!
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: The JaSam Wedding Begins, Ava and Nina's Feud Reignites!