Early last month, Daytime Emmy Award winning writer for B&B and Y&R Jerry Birn, passed away in his sleep. Patty Weaver (Gina, Y&R), his wife, was by his side at the time of his death on what was their 15th wedding anniversary. He was 86 years old. At that time no immediate plans for his memorial service had been planned, but we learned that over this past weekend, friends, colleagues and family gathered for an amazing tribute and memorial service to this legendary man. Y&R’s Doug Davidson (Paul) was one of four people to eulogize Jerry and gave a wonderful speech. Attendees included: B&B’s head writer and executive producer Brad Bell,former Y&R star Victoria Rowel,l and current Y&R veteran, Melody Thomas Scott. Those were just a few names among many, many others from daytime, who paid their tributes to this beloved creator in the soap world. Our thoughts and prayers are with Patty and the Birn family through this difficult time.
News - Soap Buzz
1 January 12th, 2010 Jerry Birn Memorial Service held- Y&R & B&B stars pay their respects
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
Ray Wise, who won a Daytime Emmy for Guest Performer in a Drama Series for his role as Ian Ward On Y&R, chatted with Michael Fairman on the red carpet at the recent 42nd Annual Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards. During the conversation, Michael asked Ray about his possible return to the television series revival of Twin Peaks, which is now a go since creator David Lynch and Showtime have come to terms. This interview conducted a few weeks ago, teases if Ray would return as Leland Palmer AKA Killer BOB if everything can be worked out! Listen to what he had to say! Are you excited to hear about the revival of Twin Peaks? Do you hope Ray will be part of it? Let us know! Leave a comment »
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Duke Dies Leaving A Devastated Anna!
- Y&R's Chuck Pratt Jr. & Jill Farren Phelps Weigh-In On Shylan, Michael's Cancer & If They Would Tackle A Gay Storyline!
- General Hospital Live Day One! What Did You Think Of The Broadcast?
- 42nd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards Red Carpet Video Interviews Gallery
- QUEENS OF DRAMA's Vanessa Marcil Chats On Girl's Throwing Drinks, Donna Mills & The Man In Her Life!