Early last month, Daytime Emmy Award winning writer for B&B and Y&R Jerry Birn, passed away in his sleep. Patty Weaver (Gina, Y&R), his wife, was by his side at the time of his death on what was their 15th wedding anniversary. He was 86 years old. At that time no immediate plans for his memorial service had been planned, but we learned that over this past weekend, friends, colleagues and family gathered for an amazing tribute and memorial service to this legendary man. Y&R’s Doug Davidson (Paul) was one of four people to eulogize Jerry and gave a wonderful speech. Attendees included: B&B’s head writer and executive producer Brad Bell,former Y&R star Victoria Rowel,l and current Y&R veteran, Melody Thomas Scott. Those were just a few names among many, many others from daytime, who paid their tributes to this beloved creator in the soap world. Our thoughts and prayers are with Patty and the Birn family through this difficult time.
News - Soap Buzz
1 January 12th, 2010 Jerry Birn Memorial Service held- Y&R & B&B stars pay their respects
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
It's Halloweek week on your favorite soaps, and on Y&R while the Victor and Jack feud continues to reignite, Sharon is close to being exposed by crazy Patty! But what happens when Chloe and Kevin finaly share a close moment on fright night? Watch the promo from CBS Daytime below! Then check out our recent interview with Greg Rikaart where he teased that Chloe and Kevin might just hit the sheets! Leave a comment »
- GH's Laura Wright Talks On Her Emotional Scenes As Carly Reels From Morgan's Death, Bryan Craig's Exit & CarSon's Future!
- James Patrick Stuart Returns To General Hospital As Valentin Cassadine!
- Y&R's Melody Thomas Scott Revelas First Airdate of Sally Sussman Morina and Kay Alden's Scripts!
- DAYS Bill and Susan Seaforth Hayes Share Remembrances Of Patricia Barry & The Addie/Doug/Julie Triangle
- DAYS Ariane Zucker Speaks Out On Being Thrust Into Public Spotlight: I'm Ready To Use It For Positivity