Four-time Emmy winner Michael Learned is joining the cast of General Hospital for a short-term story arc. Soap Opera Digest is reporting the news item this morning. The actress is fondly remembered as mother, Olivia Walton on The hit CBS primetime family drama series, The Waltons from 1972-1979. Michael will begin taping in mid-March and will appear onscreen in early April. Learned’s GH role will be named Shirley Smith, a cancer patient, who will be involved with Robin, Patrick, Lisa, and the rest of the hospital staff. . Digest previously had reported that GH was on the hunt for a “name” actress to play a cancer patient with “great will, vitality and spirit.” Look’s like they found her!
News - Soap Buzz
0 February 23rd, 2010 Michael Learned joins GH for guest-star stint!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
Days of our Lives stars: A Martinez and Galen Gering were the very special guests in the latest DAYS Hangout hosted by On-Air On-Soaps Michael Fairman. Participating soap fans had the opportunity to pose questions to the actors, in which now viewers were able to take away some intriguing story teases and what is to come when A debuts as Eduardo, the father of the Hernandez clan, and who he may mix it up with in Salem. Galen discusses his latest hot storylines on DAYS: from the serial killer to Rafe's crush on Hope, and teases yet another major interesting story is to come. Watch the replay of the hangout below, and check out what the guys had to say! Leave a comment »
- GH's Billy Miller Interview: The Challenges Of Playing Jake, Writing Regime Switch & The Women Of Port Charles!
- Y&R's Peter Bergman Dishes The Jack/Marco Showdown & His Soap Life As A Doppelganger!
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Is Morgan Corinthos Bipolar?
- Days of our Lives First Three Episodes By Writing Regime Of Griffith & Higley! What Were Your Impressions?
- B&B's Karla Mosley, Obba Babatunde & Anna Maria Horsford Interview: A Family Struggles To Accept Their Transgender Daughter!