Four-time Emmy winner Michael Learned is joining the cast of General Hospital for a short-term story arc. Soap Opera Digest is reporting the news item this morning. The actress is fondly remembered as mother, Olivia Walton on The hit CBS primetime family drama series, The Waltons from 1972-1979. Michael will begin taping in mid-March and will appear onscreen in early April. Learned’s GH role will be named Shirley Smith, a cancer patient, who will be involved with Robin, Patrick, Lisa, and the rest of the hospital staff. . Digest previously had reported that GH was on the hunt for a “name” actress to play a cancer patient with “great will, vitality and spirit.” Look’s like they found her!
News - Soap Buzz
0 February 23rd, 2010 Michael Learned joins GH for guest-star stint!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- Hollywood Heights
- One Life To Live
- True Blood
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
Joe Mascolo (Stefano) and Billy Flynn (Chad) talk with Michael Fairman at the recent Day of DAYS 2014 event, and discussed the latest on the DiMera men! Joe shares his thoughts on the addition of Billy as his on-screen son, and the departure of his longtime scene partner and other on-screen son, James Scott (EJ)! Billy weighs-in on Chad's plans for Abigail, Ben, and Kate! Watch it below! Leave a comment »
- Freddie Smith and Guy Wilson Interview - Day of DAYS 2014
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Anna Reveals Faison Is Alive!
- Peter Bergman Is Saluted On His 25th Anniversary With Y&R: The Speeches, Co-Stars Sentiments & Our Chat With Him!
- Kimberly McCullough Talks On Her Latest Project HEY DAY, Robin's Most Recent Exit & Samtrick!
- Shawn Christian and Kassie DePaiva Interview - Day of DAYS 2014