Four-time Emmy winner Michael Learned is joining the cast of General Hospital for a short-term story arc. Soap Opera Digest is reporting the news item this morning. The actress is fondly remembered as mother, Olivia Walton on The hit CBS primetime family drama series, The Waltons from 1972-1979. Michael will begin taping in mid-March and will appear onscreen in early April. Learned’s GH role will be named Shirley Smith, a cancer patient, who will be involved with Robin, Patrick, Lisa, and the rest of the hospital staff. . Digest previously had reported that GH was on the hunt for a “name” actress to play a cancer patient with “great will, vitality and spirit.” Look’s like they found her!
News - Soap Buzz
0 February 23rd, 2010 Michael Learned joins GH for guest-star stint!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
General Hospital has released its new winter promo, a very modern and stylized teaser featuring the couples and triangles to watch for that will turn up the heat during the cold months of the new year. Chief among them: Franco/Liz/Griffin, Curtis/Jordan/Andre, Michael and Nelle, Carly and Sonny, Nathan and Maxie, and Dillon and Kiki. Watch the promo below. Let us know who you are rooting for, and most interested in seeing from the love stories featured. Leave a comment »
- New Y&R Head Writer Sally Sussman Reveals Plans For The Characters Of Genoa City!
- Update On OLTL FAvorite Eddie Alderson's Health Battle; Now Diagnosed With Hodgkins Lymphoma
- Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans Video Interview: Stayla Proposal, The Eye Patch, James Lastovic, Emmys!
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Maurice Benard Delivers Emotional Turn As Sonny Confesses At Morgan's Funeral
- Freddie Smith and Christopher Sean Interview - Day of DAYS 2016