Four-time Emmy winner Michael Learned is joining the cast of General Hospital for a short-term story arc. Soap Opera Digest is reporting the news item this morning. The actress is fondly remembered as mother, Olivia Walton on The hit CBS primetime family drama series, The Waltons from 1972-1979. Michael will begin taping in mid-March and will appear onscreen in early April. Learned’s GH role will be named Shirley Smith, a cancer patient, who will be involved with Robin, Patrick, Lisa, and the rest of the hospital staff. . Digest previously had reported that GH was on the hunt for a “name” actress to play a cancer patient with “great will, vitality and spirit.” Look’s like they found her!
News - Soap Buzz
0 February 23rd, 2010 Michael Learned joins GH for guest-star stint!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
This week on Y&R all roads lead to the drama of the 11,000th episode of the series on Thursday, September 1st. What will happen? Can Adam, Chelsea and their son, Connor get their happily ever after? Will Luca's crime put Summer and her family in danger? Will Neil finally make peace with his past? Watch the promo fro CBS Daytime below, and then let us know what you think will go down? Leave a comment »
- GH's Emme Rylan Chats On The Cassadine Island Adventure, Helena's Envelope & Lante Baby Talk!
- GH's Jon Lindstrom Talks On Working With Genie Francis In The Kevin & Laura Romance!
- Kassie DePaiva Discloses Her Battle with Leukemia
- Eileen Davidson Dishes On The State Of Y&R's Ashley & Confirms Return To RHOBH For Season 7!
- Justin Hartley Talks This Is Us, His Status With Y&R & Engagement To Chrishell Stause!