Four-time Emmy winner Michael Learned is joining the cast of General Hospital for a short-term story arc. Soap Opera Digest is reporting the news item this morning. The actress is fondly remembered as mother, Olivia Walton on The hit CBS primetime family drama series, The Waltons from 1972-1979. Michael will begin taping in mid-March and will appear onscreen in early April. Learned’s GH role will be named Shirley Smith, a cancer patient, who will be involved with Robin, Patrick, Lisa, and the rest of the hospital staff. . Digest previously had reported that GH was on the hunt for a “name” actress to play a cancer patient with “great will, vitality and spirit.” Look’s like they found her!
News - Soap Buzz
0 February 23rd, 2010 Michael Learned joins GH for guest-star stint!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
It's Halloweek week on your favorite soaps, and on Y&R while the Victor and Jack feud continues to reignite, Sharon is close to being exposed by crazy Patty! But what happens when Chloe and Kevin finaly share a close moment on fright night? Watch the promo from CBS Daytime below! Then check out our recent interview with Greg Rikaart where he teased that Chloe and Kevin might just hit the sheets! Leave a comment »
- GH's Laura Wright Talks On Her Emotional Scenes As Carly Reels From Morgan's Death, Bryan Craig's Exit & CarSon's Future!
- James Patrick Stuart Returns To General Hospital As Valentin Cassadine!
- Y&R's Melody Thomas Scott Revelas First Airdate of Sally Sussman Morina and Kay Alden's Scripts!
- DAYS Bill and Susan Seaforth Hayes Share Remembrances Of Patricia Barry & The Addie/Doug/Julie Triangle
- DAYS Ariane Zucker Speaks Out On Being Thrust Into Public Spotlight: I'm Ready To Use It For Positivity