In a new feature out today at AfterEllen.com by Mary Dawson called Lesbian Love in the Afternoon: Queer Women on American Daytime Dramas, many same-sex soap couples are analyzed and reviewed, and how it has or has not impacted gay and straight television culture. From Otalia to Breese to Donna Pescow’s character on “AMC” back in the 1980′s, the feature takes a look at it all. Michael Fairman from On-Air On-Soaps and Advocate.com and Mimi Torchin are interviewed as part of the authors discussion and debate. A must read.
News - Soap Buzz
0 September 21st, 2009 NEW: Lesbian Love in the Afternoon feature on Otalia, Breese and more!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
General Hospital has released its new winter promo, a very modern and stylized teaser featuring the couples and triangles to watch for that will turn up the heat during the cold months of the new year. Chief among them: Franco/Liz/Griffin, Curtis/Jordan/Andre, Michael and Nelle, Carly and Sonny, Nathan and Maxie, and Dillon and Kiki. Watch the promo below. Let us know who you are rooting for, and most interested in seeing from the love stories featured. Leave a comment »
- New Y&R Head Writer Sally Sussman Reveals Plans For The Characters Of Genoa City!
- Update On OLTL FAvorite Eddie Alderson's Health Battle; Now Diagnosed With Hodgkins Lymphoma
- Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans Video Interview: Stayla Proposal, The Eye Patch, James Lastovic, Emmys!
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Maurice Benard Delivers Emotional Turn As Sonny Confesses At Morgan's Funeral
- Freddie Smith and Christopher Sean Interview - Day of DAYS 2016