In a new feature out today at AfterEllen.com by Mary Dawson called Lesbian Love in the Afternoon: Queer Women on American Daytime Dramas, many same-sex soap couples are analyzed and reviewed, and how it has or has not impacted gay and straight television culture. From Otalia to Breese to Donna Pescow’s character on “AMC” back in the 1980′s, the feature takes a look at it all. Michael Fairman from On-Air On-Soaps and Advocate.com and Mimi Torchin are interviewed as part of the authors discussion and debate. A must read.
News - Soap Buzz
0 September 21st, 2009 NEW: Lesbian Love in the Afternoon feature on Otalia, Breese and more!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
It's Halloweek week on your favorite soaps, and on Y&R while the Victor and Jack feud continues to reignite, Sharon is close to being exposed by crazy Patty! But what happens when Chloe and Kevin finaly share a close moment on fright night? Watch the promo from CBS Daytime below! Then check out our recent interview with Greg Rikaart where he teased that Chloe and Kevin might just hit the sheets! Leave a comment »
- GH's Laura Wright Talks On Her Emotional Scenes As Carly Reels From Morgan's Death, Bryan Craig's Exit & CarSon's Future!
- James Patrick Stuart Returns To General Hospital As Valentin Cassadine!
- Y&R's Melody Thomas Scott Revelas First Airdate of Sally Sussman Morina and Kay Alden's Scripts!
- DAYS Bill and Susan Seaforth Hayes Share Remembrances Of Patricia Barry & The Addie/Doug/Julie Triangle
- DAYS Ariane Zucker Speaks Out On Being Thrust Into Public Spotlight: I'm Ready To Use It For Positivity