In a breaking news item tonight, TV Guide Canada’s Nelson Branco had revealed that Guiding Light’s two-time Daytime Award winning actress, Gina Tognoni (Dinah) has refused to extend her contract to the end of the show’s finale. Here is what the item said: “The Suds Report has exclusively learned that today was Emmy winner Gina Tognoni’s last work day on GL. The former One Life actress refused to extend her GL contract until the finale on September 18th. At the very last minute, GL had to re-write long-term story to accomadate Tognoni’s decision to quit her popular role. There is no word yet as to why she didn’t re-sign with the cancelled soap. One source speculates that the reason behinf Tognoni’s shocking decision could be ecause she has agreed to a new soap gig.” Stay tuned as more develops on the Tognoni story!
News - Soap Buzz
0 June 26th, 2009 NEWS: Gina Tognoni quits Guiding Light!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
Ray Wise, who won a Daytime Emmy for Guest Performer in a Drama Series for his role as Ian Ward On Y&R, chatted with Michael Fairman on the red carpet at the recent 42nd Annual Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards. During the conversation, Michael asked Ray about his possible return to the television series revival of Twin Peaks, which is now a go since creator David Lynch and Showtime have come to terms. This interview conducted a few weeks ago, teases if Ray would return as Leland Palmer AKA Killer BOB if everything can be worked out! Listen to what he had to say! Are you excited to hear about the revival of Twin Peaks? Do you hope Ray will be part of it? Let us know! Leave a comment »
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Duke Dies Leaving A Devastated Anna!
- Y&R's Chuck Pratt Jr. & Jill Farren Phelps Weigh-In On Shylan, Michael's Cancer & If They Would Tackle A Gay Storyline!
- General Hospital Live Day One! What Did You Think Of The Broadcast?
- 42nd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards Red Carpet Video Interviews Gallery
- QUEENS OF DRAMA's Vanessa Marcil Chats On Girl's Throwing Drinks, Donna Mills & The Man In Her Life!