In a breaking news item tonight, TV Guide Canada’s Nelson Branco had revealed that Guiding Light’s two-time Daytime Award winning actress, Gina Tognoni (Dinah) has refused to extend her contract to the end of the show’s finale. Here is what the item said: “The Suds Report has exclusively learned that today was Emmy winner Gina Tognoni’s last work day on GL. The former One Life actress refused to extend her GL contract until the finale on September 18th. At the very last minute, GL had to re-write long-term story to accomadate Tognoni’s decision to quit her popular role. There is no word yet as to why she didn’t re-sign with the cancelled soap. One source speculates that the reason behinf Tognoni’s shocking decision could be ecause she has agreed to a new soap gig.” Stay tuned as more develops on the Tognoni story!
News - Soap Buzz
0 June 26th, 2009 NEWS: Gina Tognoni quits Guiding Light!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
Days of our Lives stars Peggy McCay (Caroline) and Greg Vaughan (Eric) chatted with Michael Fairman at Day of DAYS 2015 celebrating the series 50th anniversary. During their interview, Greg dishes on Eric's downfall and his potential new love interest, and his favorite storylines, while Peggy shares her thoughts on: the return of Peter Reckell, Bo leaving the canvas, and how she is glad the writers changed her story from Caroline having Alzheimer's disease to being more psychic. Plus Peggy chimes in on Caroline and Victor's long-standing relaitonship and more. Watch it below, and then share your thoughts! Leave a comment »
- Have Daytime Dramas Become More Afraid Of Having Gay Chaacters On The Canvas?!
- DAYS OF OUR LIVES: Bo Dies In Major Tearjerker Episode!
- It's A Wrap For GH's Jason Thompson: After 10 Years Tapes Last Episode & Shares Heartfelt Message!
- Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn Interview - Day of DAYS 2015
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Helena Spews The Cassadine Curse On Sam!