Ah the irony. As we stated last week, One Life to Live, (that just canceled soap), is still holding strong in total viewers slightly under GH. OLTL is also number three for women 18-49, a key demographic, and getting dangerously close to upping the ABC Daytime mainstay General Hospital! And, this is a show that should be axed from the network? Call me perplexed.
The info of One Life to Live being at number three and number four in key ratings was just posted by Soap Opera Network for the week of April 11-15th. In other ratings news, the show that took the worst hit was The Bold and the Beautiful who hit an all-time low losing, wait for this, a record -508.000 viewers. Not good folks. B&B also tied its record lows in the key demos of 18-49 females. DAYS isn’t doing much better tying or setting new lows in key demographics.
If more soaps are not to be ”killed-off” then people have got to tune-in. Let’s get some eyeballs to the televisions! Even if some of the soaps storyline are giving us an eyesore! What’s a soaper to do? After the jump, review the ratings.
Ratings Report for the Week of April 11-15, 2011
(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)
1. Y&R 4,466,000 (-97,000/-436,000)
2. B&B 2,692,000 (-135,000/-508,000) <—- new low *
3. GH 2,537,000 (-68,000/-43,000)
4. OLTL 2,499,000 (-131,000/+246,000)
5. DAYS 2,354,000 (-9,000/-209,000)
6. AMC 2,344,000 (+41,000/-82,000)
Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 881,000 (-13,000/-189,000)
2. GH 771,000 (-29,000/-64,000)
3. OLTL 668,000 (-31,000/+68,000)
4. DAYS 597,000 (-17,000/-145,000) <—- new low *
5. AMC 540,000 (+38,000/+21,000)
6. B&B 516,000 (+13,000/-179,000)