For a nice fun silly break from all the sorrow and frustration over OLTL and AMC’s cancellations over the past week, we found this little ditty from none other than Llanview resident, Ted King (Tomas) in this week’s issue of Soap Opera Weekly that One Life to Live fans will get a kick-out of. It seems during a recent fan club event, King shared his David Letterman-esque countdown of the Top Ten Reasons You Should Be Watching OLTL! So without further adieu here is the countdown below starting with number ten!
10) If someone gets slapped…it’s real.
9) Characters over 50 are welcome.
8) Bullying will not be tolerated.
7) It’s the only show where the guys take off their shirts more than the ladies.
6) Storylines won’t be recycled every six months.
5) The Southern Accents are real.
4) The cops get convictions and put people in jail.
3) (It’s) the only show with two Todds.
2) (It’s) the only soap that exists in New York!
1) (It’s) the only soap where you might see a guy paint, use karate, speak French, Spanish and English, and play the piano in the same scene.