29 February 25th, 2013 The Price Is Right Male Model Rob Wilson To Play Petey Cortlandt On All My Children!

Courtesy/CBS

Here is a bit of intriguing casting news right from Opal Gardner herself, Jill Larson! The All My Children star not only tweeted, but also posted on her facebook page that CBS The Price is Right’s first ever male model contest winner, Rob Wilson has joined Prospect Park’s revival of the series as Opal’s son, Petey Cortlandt!

Larson tweeted “Are you following my ‘son’ “Petey?” @MrRobertScott #AMC“, and then on her facebook page she wrote, “Here’s my ‘son’ “Petey” played by Rob Wilson.”

As AMC fans know, Daniel Kennedy was the last actor to play the role of Petey Cortlandt.  As far as Wilson, last October he won the nearly two month search going up against other male hopefuls seeking the  job on the number one CBS Daytime game show for their groundbreaking move to have a first hot male model, when for decades that role was handled only by beautiful women.

What do you think of the casting of Rob Wilson as Petey Cortlandt?  Is Prospect Park sexing up their soaps?  Weigh-in!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. MK says:

I’ll Hit That!

2. Tom D. says:

YES! Petey is a stud

3. David Larsson says:

Can he actually act?

Johnny replied

Probably not, but obviously they are more interested in eye candy than
    actual acting ability. I’m sure he’ll get better as he is surrounded by some
    well seasoned actors.

4. William Joseph Reynolds says:

How can he still do both? TPIR is in La-La Land and AMC is on the East Coast.
    Are the TPIR shows taped far enough in advance, to allow him the flexibility?

Christine replied

My brother sat in the audience out here in LA for an August taping of TPIR that did not air until November. I guess it depends, but I would think he has more than enough time.

Game shows typically tape at least two shows a day.

5. Christine says:

“Petey”? My SON is three-and-a-half years old and we call him “Petey.”

Isn’t Petey a little immature for a 20-something?

6. jim says:

I dont mind who they cast in certain roles as long as they know how to act. I hope he went in for a screen test, and not hired by looks alone because if i wanted to watch models, id be watching Americas Next Top Models.(yes, i know that one features just ladies)

Mary SF replied

Actually I heard they were planning to do a ANTM- male edition- I don’t know which cycle it will be- but that was the buzz

Scott (ATWT Fan) replied

Not anymore. ANTM is opening to men now.

Mitchell1660 replied

Most (practically all) actors on soaps got their start as models and learned how to act while doing the show. I’m sure he’ll be just fine.

jim replied

I dont really watch those model shows. I was just using that to make a comment. I hope he does ok. But i remember when most New York based soaps hired stage actors based on their known acting skills. They also sometimes did hire actors with barely any acting skills as well. But i do hope he works out fine. I wont judge anything til i c the show. However i wish they change the characters first name to Pete now that they aged the character. Petey reminds me of the Little Rascals dog, and Rob obviously looks far from being called one. Id change places with him anytime.

7. Glen says:

Nice eye candy, but, like others here, I’m hoping that there’s some acting talent there as well. BTW, I’m still curious as to who the new JR is going to be.

Scott (ATWT Fan) replied

Ryan Bittle is JR.

8. Iakovos says:

I am pleased Peter Cortlandt is home in Pine Valley. And he’s not bad on the eyes either!

9. Patrick says:

TPTB….. i hope Agnes Nixon had a hand in “casting”….

I hope he can ACT.

whatever it takes…

10. me says:

Oh please, like AMC hasn’t been filled with people who can’t act since its inception? And this is NOT sarcasm, it’s the truth.

Johnny replied

Well, let’s be fair, some very fine actors have entered the world of Pine Valley but of course I agree every actor can’t be Anthony Hopkins and every Actress can’t be Merryl Streep. I certainly feel that the more mature actors on ALL MY CHILDREN have for the most part, been wonderful. Yes, some young lemons have been thrown in there, and I do not mean this unkindly, but I think the young actress who took over the key character part of BABE did not do terribly well in the role and I think that’s why they killed her off…..although there are rumors that Dr. David Hayward might have hidden her away somehow…..but if it’s been 5 years…well I don’t know. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

11. The_HugoBoss says:

I KNEW Petey would be coming back! Especially if Opal doesn’t have Tad around yet. I was so hoping this was in the cards. I met Rob a few months back and he was a super nice guy. And clearly, not so bad on the eyes! I hope he does the part well! Grown up Petey and Colby! I can dig it. ;-)

12. Scott (ATWT Fan) says:

No thank you. Too much abs.

Christine replied

I just think the whole swim trunks are a bit much, but I guess that is what sells these days because modesty sure does not.

Scott (ATWT Fan) replied

Well I think that’s because one of the prizes was a trip or a boat. But still, they hire these ripped men. And I don’t find that attractive. I want more average looking ones!

Christine replied

I understand why he was wearing boxing shorts, I just do not care for how low they are. :-)

It is the same with women and low cut tops. Frankly I have never understood how my fellow women like to go around with revealing so much.

A little modesty and let your mind wonder about what is hidden beneath the clothing, but these days it is just more skin.

13. bc says:

The model turned actor epitomizes hollywood casting. Anyone who can say his dialogue and know his blocking can become an actor. The new castings of amc are majority white actors and a racial minority model turned actress. She is light skinned of course bec hollywood’s standards of beauty must conform to whiteness. Typical of the tolerance crowd of hollywood. There’s no business more shallow than hollywood. You’d think they’d cast more Asian american and African american actors considering how hollywood prioritizes looking young. All these strange plastic surgery procedures on white actors are prevalent and they look really unnatural. And yet Asian americans and especially African americans tend to age better. nbc sitcom “go on” cast john cho who is supposed to be the same age w/ mathew perry’s char. And yet perry’s all wrinkled and looks even older next to cho. hollywood doesn’t cast more racial minorities bec soaps and most tv shows and films are abt romantic relationships. And those romantic relationships must be told from the perspective of white chars. It’s bec whiteness must be preserved by hollywood as the “ideal” and the “standard” for all races. While anything told from racial minority characters’ perspectives are “niche” storytelling.

It’s hilarious when showrunners and writers say they don’t know how to write chars of color. Isn’t using your imagination one of the requirements of being a showrunner and a writer? hollywood has no problem writing abt vampires and aliens. But they cannot write for more chars of color. Hilarious!

Derek replied

All my children is not in Hollywood. They are being based out of Connecticut.

Christine replied

I don’t think that is the point that bc is making. “Hollywood” is pretty much all-encompassing when it comes to America and American media in general regardless of where it is filmed.

Christine replied

bc, I promised if you tried to make your posts easier for my head that I would reply.

I agree with you, though I must say I no longer watch network television so I cannot comment on the Matthew Perry part.

Anyway, I think it goes beyond Hollywood being shallow. They do not take risks. Look at how many remakes there are. It is insane. I am glad for movies like LIFE OF PI because you have something new, plus you do not have all the stereotypical actors.

Myself I am a 30-something white woman, but I can appreciate all walks of life. Networks have let me down in numerous ways so I find myself watching old comedies and shows like the original, HAWAII FIVE-0 (plenty of Asians). So I watch channels like MeTV. If I want to watch anything of substance (other than my soap operas), I pay to view them through Amazon or get the discs on Netflix for shows like JUSTIFIED, BREAKING BAD, or GAME OF THRONES (to name a few). Maybe there are not many Asians in these, but they are not filled with Hollywood’s idea of a pretty face and no talent. Not to mention that these are amazing, scripted shows – something Hollywood does not have much of these days.

Another thing, I can no longer view MSN as my homepage for my laptop because almost every freaking day it has some stupid article about Kim Kardashian or those idiots like her or related to her. Yes. Hollywood is shallow. They glorify the stupid people – the wastes of space that contribute nothing to society. That is another example of where Hollywood is misguided.

As far as aging, I agree whites spend too much time in the sun tanning, drinking, and smoking. I would wager to say that most age terribly. Those that age gracefully are smart not to have any of these procedures. Even when someone like Courtney Cox or Nicole Kidman does something (their lips), I can tell. I lose respect for them. Especially when they do these so-called “beauty” commercials because it is a lie.

I don’t know what to say to fix the situation. Hollywood probably will not change unless an Asian or African American family comes out and makes a major spectacle of themselves a la the Kardashians. Hollywood is sad and predictable. Instead of just letting the no-talent socialites or whatever they call themselves just have their 15 minutes of fame and fade away as they should, they give them JOBS. I remember how bad it was with Paris Hilton, now we have the Kardashians … and they are everywhere.

bc replied

Christine: thanks for the suggestions. I disagree that hollywood is against taking “risks” when it comes to casting racial minorities. hollywood is against more racial minority castings not bec it’s against risks but bec of racism. I agree that hollywood is shallow. But hollywood is more racist than it is ageist and even weightist. The following actresses and personalities have had their own daytime talk shows and leading roles on primetime: laura linney. edie falco. sigourney weaver. glenn close. julie anna margulies. melisa mccarthy. ellen degeneres. betheny frankel. kate walsh. sally field. The talent of these women is subjective and based on one’s opinions of them. But it’s definitely not subjective that these women are older and they still get projects despite hollywood being abt looking young. The actresses and personalities above would not be considered some of hollywood’s prettiest. And yet they still get projects. It definitely helps that they’re white.

Even the mainstream manhattan media and entertainment press favor white actors and actresses compared to racial minority actors and actresses. hollywood pretty much rallied around melisa mccarthy when she was called a “tractor” by a film critic bec of her weight. But the name of academy award nominee quvenzhane wallis is openly mocked by an academy award voter being interviewed by ew and it’s crickets from the tolerant crowd of hollywood. Would they mock the name of saorise roan who is a white actress that’s slightly older than quvenzhane wallis? Her name is being mocked bec it’s unconventional and it’s a black female’s name. Satirical “the onion” called quvenzhane wallis a misogynistic slur and the level of controversy was definitely not the same w/ mccarthy being ridiculed for her weight. Of course wallis’ race had a lot to do w/ that. they love lecturing people on lgbt issues but hollywood and the entertainment press really need to shut up abt that bec it’s quite frankly blatantly racist.

14. susan M. says:

Hope he can act! He can’t just go on his looks alone. I hope he can act his way out of
    a paper bag.