This week’s Soapgeist column featured another Top Ten of the Decade in Soaps. TV Guide Canada’s Nelson Branco and On-Air On-Soaps, Michael Fairman merged their lists for the Best Wins at the Daytime Emmys over the past 10 soap seasons. One Life’s head writer, Ron Carlivati topped the list for his win in 2008 when his soap finally won the Best Writing prize. In at number two, Genie Francis who had never before won an Emmy for his legendary portrayal as Laura Spencer on General Hospital. Francis won the Outstanding Supporting Actress in 2007. Another legend, Jeanne Cooper, Katherine, The Young and the Restless was in third place for her Emmy win as Lead Actress in 2008 after ten nominations in her career without a victory. In fourth place, who can forget Maurice Benard’s standing ovation in 2003 when he finally got the prize after ten years of playing mobster, Sonny Corinthos on GH? and rounding out the top five, Eden Riegel’s win for playing gay as Bianca on All My Children in 2005. For the rest of the list and the humorous Dishonarable Mentions click here!
News - Soap Buzz
0 December 21st, 2009 Top Daytime Emmy wins of Y2K Announced- Carlivati #1
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
This week on General Hospital, after Spencer Cassadine was badly burned at his birthday party at Wyndemere, his father Nikolas was beside himself with worry, guilt, and what to do next when the doctors in Port Charles advised Nikolas to take Spencer to Shriner's Hospital in Boston, where they care for children that face similar medical issues as Spencer. In heartbreaking scenes, Tyler Christopher (Nikolas) and Nicholas Bechtel (Spencer) broke viewers hearts. GH also taped this PSA featuring Tyler to call attention to Shriner's Hospitals and the work they do to save young lives. Watch it below and let us know what you have thoughts about this storyline? Leave a comment »
- Kristen Alderson On Her Final GH Scenes: Roger And I Were VERY Happy We Had Those Scenes Together.
- RATINGS: Days of our Lives Has Rough Week
- Y&R's Disaster Storylines: The Underground Collapse, The Plane Crash, The Cabin, The Fire! What Did You Think About The Events That Transpired?
- The Joshua Morrow Interview - The Young and the Restless
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Jake Remembers He Is Jason Just As He Goes Under The Knife! Luke's Two Personalities Emerge!