“Why Guiding Light burned out after 72 years” was a piece written and published in the Wall Street Journal yesterday, featuring ABC Daytime head honcho, Brian Frons. Frons, who started his creative executive career with “GL” decades ago, offered his perpsective and insight, and why we, when all is said and gone are saying goodbye to the longest running show in history. Here is an excerpt:
News - Soap Buzz
0 August 15th, 2009 Wall Street Journal profiles end of “GL” with ABC Daytime’s Brian Frons!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
On Friday, The Bold and the Beautiful aired their 7,000 episode with a retrospective that looked at the show and celebrated it in a unique way. In one segment, long-running series stars;John McCook (Eric) and Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke) discuss Eric and Brooke's one-time romance and their location shoots together. Then, viewers are given a glimpse of what happens when B&B stars venture to countries throughout the world. Did you enjoy the episode? Let us know! Leave a comment »
- The Kelly Monaco Interview - General Hospital
- General Hospital's Billy Miller Interview: Taking On The Role Of The Complex Jason AKA Jake!
- General Hospital's Nancy Lee Grahn and William deVry Video Interview: Julexis, Sex Scenes, and GH Now!
- B&B's Brad Bell Shares Thoughts On Series 7,000 Episode Milestone, Stage 31 Dedication In His Name, And Previews What's Ahead!
- Katherine Kelly Lang Talks On B&B's 7000 Episode Milestone, Her DWTS Italy Experience & Brooke's Return!