Breaking News today: “Y&R’s” Chris Engen who plays “straight” Adam Newman reportedly walked off the set two days while under contract for refusing to kiss co-star Yani Gellman, who plays Rafe… the only ( thus far) out gay character on the show. This update in The Suds Report from Nelson Branco also details that Engen is reportedly unhappy with the dark direction his character has taken in recent months. We would assume that would include “gas-lighting” the very pregnant, Ashley and inducing his partial blindness with botox, and now perhaps, a kiss with another man? This morning insiders are saying that the top soap is working on an urgent recast for the pivotal role. Is homophobia setting in already at “Y&R” when they are finally launching their first gay male storyline in the shows 36 year history? Stay tuned.
News - Soap Buzz
0 May 21st, 2009 “Y&R’s” Chris Engen allegedly walks off set refusing to do same-sex kiss!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
It's Halloweek week on your favorite soaps, and on Y&R while the Victor and Jack feud continues to reignite, Sharon is close to being exposed by crazy Patty! But what happens when Chloe and Kevin finaly share a close moment on fright night? Watch the promo from CBS Daytime below! Then check out our recent interview with Greg Rikaart where he teased that Chloe and Kevin might just hit the sheets! Leave a comment »
- GH's Laura Wright Talks On Her Emotional Scenes As Carly Reels From Morgan's Death, Bryan Craig's Exit & CarSon's Future!
- James Patrick Stuart Returns To General Hospital As Valentin Cassadine!
- Y&R's Melody Thomas Scott Revelas First Airdate of Sally Sussman Morina and Kay Alden's Scripts!
- DAYS Bill and Susan Seaforth Hayes Share Remembrances Of Patricia Barry & The Addie/Doug/Julie Triangle
- DAYS Ariane Zucker Speaks Out On Being Thrust Into Public Spotlight: I'm Ready To Use It For Positivity