Breaking News today: “Y&R’s” Chris Engen who plays “straight” Adam Newman reportedly walked off the set two days while under contract for refusing to kiss co-star Yani Gellman, who plays Rafe… the only ( thus far) out gay character on the show. This update in The Suds Report from Nelson Branco also details that Engen is reportedly unhappy with the dark direction his character has taken in recent months. We would assume that would include “gas-lighting” the very pregnant, Ashley and inducing his partial blindness with botox, and now perhaps, a kiss with another man? This morning insiders are saying that the top soap is working on an urgent recast for the pivotal role. Is homophobia setting in already at “Y&R” when they are finally launching their first gay male storyline in the shows 36 year history? Stay tuned.
News - Soap Buzz
0 May 21st, 2009 “Y&R’s” Chris Engen allegedly walks off set refusing to do same-sex kiss!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
Ray Wise, who won a Daytime Emmy for Guest Performer in a Drama Series for his role as Ian Ward On Y&R, chatted with Michael Fairman on the red carpet at the recent 42nd Annual Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards. During the conversation, Michael asked Ray about his possible return to the television series revival of Twin Peaks, which is now a go since creator David Lynch and Showtime have come to terms. This interview conducted a few weeks ago, teases if Ray would return as Leland Palmer AKA Killer BOB if everything can be worked out! Listen to what he had to say! Are you excited to hear about the revival of Twin Peaks? Do you hope Ray will be part of it? Let us know! Leave a comment »
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Duke Dies Leaving A Devastated Anna!
- Y&R's Chuck Pratt Jr. & Jill Farren Phelps Weigh-In On Shylan, Michael's Cancer & If They Would Tackle A Gay Storyline!
- General Hospital Live Day One! What Did You Think Of The Broadcast?
- 42nd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards Red Carpet Video Interviews Gallery
- QUEENS OF DRAMA's Vanessa Marcil Chats On Girl's Throwing Drinks, Donna Mills & The Man In Her Life!