Breaking News today: “Y&R’s” Chris Engen who plays “straight” Adam Newman reportedly walked off the set two days while under contract for refusing to kiss co-star Yani Gellman, who plays Rafe… the only ( thus far) out gay character on the show. This update in The Suds Report from Nelson Branco also details that Engen is reportedly unhappy with the dark direction his character has taken in recent months. We would assume that would include “gas-lighting” the very pregnant, Ashley and inducing his partial blindness with botox, and now perhaps, a kiss with another man? This morning insiders are saying that the top soap is working on an urgent recast for the pivotal role. Is homophobia setting in already at “Y&R” when they are finally launching their first gay male storyline in the shows 36 year history? Stay tuned.
News - Soap Buzz
0 May 21st, 2009 “Y&R’s” Chris Engen allegedly walks off set refusing to do same-sex kiss!
Leave a comment
- « Back to News - Soap Buzz Index
- « Back to Interviews Index
- « Back to Blog Index
- All My Children R.I.P.
- As The World Turns R.I.P.
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Dallas R.I.P.
- Days Of Our Lives
- Downton Abbey
- General Hospital
- Guiding Light R.I.P.
- One Life To Live R.I.P.
- The Young and the Restless
- Venice the Series
Video of the Day
Days of our Lives stars Peggy McCay (Caroline) and Greg Vaughan (Eric) chatted with Michael Fairman at Day of DAYS 2015 celebrating the series 50th anniversary. During their interview, Greg dishes on Eric's downfall and his potential new love interest, and his favorite storylines, while Peggy shares her thoughts on: the return of Peter Reckell, Bo leaving the canvas, and how she is glad the writers changed her story from Caroline having Alzheimer's disease to being more psychic. Plus Peggy chimes in on Caroline and Victor's long-standing relaitonship and more. Watch it below, and then share your thoughts! Leave a comment »
- Have Daytime Dramas Become More Afraid Of Having Gay Chaacters On The Canvas?!
- DAYS OF OUR LIVES: Bo Dies In Major Tearjerker Episode!
- It's A Wrap For GH's Jason Thompson: After 10 Years Tapes Last Episode & Shares Heartfelt Message!
- Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn Interview - Day of DAYS 2015
- GENERAL HOSPITAL: Helena Spews The Cassadine Curse On Sam!